Grants talk:Project/Rapid/User:Agbalagba/Wiki Loves Monuments 2018 in Nigeria
Moved to draft
Hello User:Olaniyan Olushola, thank you for submitting your grant proposal for WLM 2018 in Nigeria. I unfortunately had to move it to draft for the following reasons:
- You missed both the WLM deadline August 1st and rapid grants deadline of August 15th as it arrived on August 20th.
- I would like to remind you that the group currently has three open grants
- Wiki Loves Women Radio show
- Monthly Meetups going on till September and
- Wikipedian in Residence, which you recently extended till the end of September as well
- I am making an exception for the Legal Fees grant as it is to pay legal fees and it is not a project.
Finally, separate from what you currently have open, I also would like to encourage you from adding any additional grants to your load as you are gearing up for WikiIndaba in January. I would suggest that your group finish out the ones currently in progress and not add any more to the agenda so you can protect your volunteers' time and save them from potential burnout. I hope all of this is agreeable to you. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 06:13, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- @WJifar (WMF): As for the deadline, please be aware of this earlier request, which seems to have been posted to the wrong page. It was created mid July and placed in the correct categories though. Effeietsanders (talk) 06:24, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
Comments from WMF
Hello Agbalagba, I apologize for the delay in reviewing this grant request. I understand that the WLM contest is now concluded.
- Could you tell us if you were able to carry out all the activities you proposed. If not can you adjust your proposal and/or budget so we can proceed.
- I also see that you have cash prizes on your project. We no longer allow for that in our contest grant requests.
- Hello WJifar (WMF), and thanks for reviewing my grant request. We couldn't participate in the contest as we could not fund the project. However, we are interested in participating in Wiki Loves Love that will kick off in February 2019. I'll be coordinating this project in Nigeria. Can I adjust this request and convert it to Wiki Loves Love? Thank you. Agbalagba T★C 12:57, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
Hello Agbalagba, I'm sorry you were not able to carry out Wiki Loves Monuments in Nigeria. In the future, if you know you're no longer able to carry out the project you can mark the request as withdrawn. Unfortunately, in order to keep our records straight we have to mark this proposal as withdrawn instead of adjusting it to a completely different proposal. In regards to your question about Wiki Loves Love, I worry that our backlog will not allow us to respond to you quickly in order for you to receive the money and start your project in February. Please let us know if we can be of assistance with anything else. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 01:51, 12 January 2019 (UTC)