Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Wiki Loves Villages/Report
Dear Bijay chaurasia,
Thank you for submitting this report, and for all your work on the project! I am approving your report now.I'm sorry for the delay in reviewing it. It is a pleasure to look at these photos. There are many lovely shots that I can imagine being useful in Wikipedia articles or for other purposes.
You mentioned in your discussion of what did not work so well that there was a "lack in the involvement of users (uploaders) but though we have worked accordingly our plans." I have clicked on approximately 20 of the photos in your galleries, and in all of them, you were listed as the author. I wonder if you could say more about the lack of participation you experienced.
- Did you find that you (or other organizers) had to do a lot of the photography and uploading work? If so, how were the other participants (who weren’t organizers) involved?
- Do you have any ideas about what caused their lack of involvement? For example, was it too hard to learn how to upload photos? Was there not enough time? Something else? What do you think you might do differently next time to get participants to be more involved with content creation and upload?
- How will you recruit professional photographers next time?
We have reviewed your expense documentation and I understand that you would like to use the unspent 10,000 NPR in a new grant proposal. Would you be able to submit a new proposal by September 15th? Please let me know. Thank you again for all your hard work! Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 21:48, 5 September 2018 (UTC)
Dear Woubzena, Thanks for your review and comments-
- The project is solely a new concept project. Most of the participants who involved or the organizers, only help with the photography but not with the thing uploads. They mostly involved in photo outreach events and help me to shoot the location smoothly.
- I think, We should have to arrange a training with a demonstration about Wikimedia commons. It might really gain them knowledge regarding creation and upload.
- We have already communicated with the photography team here in Nepal and they are ready to be a part of the initiative. Thanks--Bijay Chaurasia (Talk) 04:54, 9 September 2018 (UTC)
- Hello Bijay chaurasia, thank you for responding to my questions. Will you be submitting a new proposal to use the remaining funds? Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 18:30, 10 September 2018 (UTC)