Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia TZA/Feminism and Folklore 2021 in Tanzania
Comments from WMF
Hello Jadnapac, thanks for submitting this Rapid Grant request. We are glad you want to join the Feminism and Folklore 2021 campaign! I have some comments and questions after reviewing the grant request:
- Please note that we’re moving forward with this application because you have not submitted any grant for the Wiki Loves Folklore campaign. As agreed with the international organizers, a local community cannot apply for two grants for Wiki Loves Folklore and Feminism and Folklore at the same time.
- We now require all grantees to announce their projects and receive the Wikimedia community feedback in advance. Could you please announce this project and grant on the relevant community pages on the target wiki(s)? Community notification may be most appropriate on a village pump, talk page, or mailing list. Please paste a link into the proposal page to where the relevant communities have been notified of this proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We did already announce about this project in our Signal group soon after having a discussion with one of the Feminism and Folklore project coordinators (Joy Agyepong), however for more information I have already posted an announcement to our meta page, facebook page and more information will be shared later on before the implementation of the project.Jadnapac (talk) 07:53, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
- Facilitation (facilitation time 6 organisers to manage or support multiple workflows to prepare the meetings, online mentorship and timely support to editors in need of support)= 265 USD - please remove this expense from your budget. Per the Rapid Grants Guidelines, we currently do not support compensation for facilitators’ time.
- Cost for judging process (at least 3-5 judges will be selected to judge the articles produced during the contest to get the top 3 winners)=200 - We cannot support compensation for judges’ time too. However, you can plan to offer non cash gifts to the juries. Please remove or adjust this expense.
- Thank you DSaroyan (WMF) and please let me know if something else is needed. Jadnapac (talk) 07:53, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
- Hello DSaroyan (WMF), I would like to thank you very much for your quick response to our grant application. Thank you and we hope the project will go well. Jadnapac (talk) 07:22, 24 February 2021 (UTC)
Request to Extend the deadline
Hi DSaroyan (WMF)
I am writing to inform you that upon some discussions with the global coordinators for Folklore and Feminism (Joy Agyepong+ her team), we have agreed to extend the deadline for this project (locally) from the former deadline (31st March 2021) to 15th April 2021. This is due to some cross cutting issues in our country (including the death of our presdident, Covid-19 issues, Easter holiday preparations and some discussions with swwiki admins about the creation of missing categories in swwiki for some of the articles being created in these project). All that affected in some way the initial timeline and schedules we had, hence we thought extending a bit the deadline will help to have some room to wrap up this project. I am kindly asking for your approval to extend this project as explained above. Kind regards, Jadnapac (talk) 20:23, 31 March 2021 (UTC)