Questions about your request
Dear Mompati Dikunwane,
Thank you for submitting this request. I have a couple of questions to help me understand your proposal.
- In your proposed participation plan, you refer to an event (Bill and Melinda Gates initiative meets WIkipedia half way) that seems to have happened in the past (31 of March). In the infobox connected with your proposal, you refer to another event (World telecommunication and information society day 2017) that will happen on 20 May 2017. Can you confirm that you are seeking funding for World telecommunication and information society day 2017, and not for the Bill and Melinda Gates initiative meets Wikipedia half way?
- If this is true, can you please update your participation plan to reflect how you expect to participate in the World telecommunication and information society day 2017?
Hi Marti (WMF) There has been a slight mistake i made in the proposed participation description, i have updated it anyway. The Bill and Melinda gates initiative meets wikipedia half is the past event which took place on the 31 of March 2017. Again there is a delay in the updates regarding my participation in the world telecommunication and information society day 2017 from the organisers and there are some discussions ongoing about the event. which means i would request to Withdraw my request until i hear from them this side, i will then ping you with updates. thank you so much for reviewing it Marti (WMF). Best Mompati Dikunwane
- Mompati Dikunwane, thank you for this update. I have changed your status proposal to withdrawn per your request. Feel free to change it back if you decide to resubmit this proposal. Warm regards, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 16:23, 27 April 2017 (UTC)
Marti (WMF) hi I have set my request to open again as I got updates from the organizers of the event. I will send you an invitation letter i have for participating at the event and find below the scanned copies of the event and event schedule.
World Telecommunication and Information Society Day 2017 Banner,Event Schedule and Invitation letter
World Telecommunication and Information Society Day 2017 Banner
World Telecommunication and Information Society Day Event Schedule 2017
The fourth day before i leave i will carry out a mini demonstration of how to contribute to Wikipedia by holding a hour or more with the girls as we are provided with 25 computers in a school lab to work on and a free wifi connection by BTC. I will be able to create a whats app group so that we reconnect again and continue contributing. Mompati Dikunwane (talk) 12:29, 13 May 2017 (UTC)
Dear Mompati Dikunwane,
Thank you for following up with additional information about your participation plan. We are happy to approve this request to support your plan for participant outreach and partnership building around Wikipedia Zero.
Our Grants Administrator will be in touch with you about processing your request.
- Mompati Dikunwane, I just want to make you aware that, per the Wikimedia Foundation's travel policy--see #7, "standard meals & incidental expenses rate will be at 75% of the State Dept and GSA rates." You can see the rates for Botswana here:
- Per that link, you will see that the maximum lodging rate is $138.
- Our Grants Administrator will provide further information about the allowable budget for your request.