Grants talk:TPS/Pgallert/CaTaC 2016
- I had to book the flights in the mean time. They are Windhoek Frankfurt return 10,400 ZAR plus Frankfurt London return 3,063 ZAR, so well below 1,000 USD
- Conference fee is not yet paid
- Still don't have accommodation. Will try AirBnB later today, or tomorrow.
--Pgallert (talk) 12:42, 7 June 2016 (UTC)
The Participation Support Committee is glad to fund your participation in the Culture and Technology and Communication conference in London. We much appreciated your transparency about other interests of yours. This said, we would like to emphasize that the above approval is only valid if you don’t receive other funding from other institutions. Thanks for confirming this in your reply to this message.
Furthermore we would like you to also share the outcome of your participation within the Wikimedia Community. Please review the next steps for your grant as described in "How the program works“. Your post-event report must provide a link to an outcome from your participation. We recommend that you start planning your outcome now so you are prepared to submit it as part of your report, which is due 14 days after the event. Please note that an outcome does not include the materials you’re going to present at the conference (though we’d like you to link to those, too), but something that is created during or after the conference because of your participation, such as a link to something new that was co-created by you and your fellow participants at the conference, a blog post you wrote to share your experience with others after the event, or a learning pattern to teach others something you've learned at the conference. If you choose to make a learning pattern, think creatively about what you learned. Your learning pattern might focus on a strategy you employed that was successful in inspiring and engaging that specific audience in our projects.
Our Grants Administrator will be in touch with you about the travel arrangements.
--Marti (WMF) (talk) 18:44, 8 June 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot Marti, this is much appreciated. I confirm that I shall only use WMF funds for expenses that I cannot get refunded for elsewhere. The conference presentation will be available on Commons but I haven't finished it yet. As far as I know even the full paper will be publicly viewable, albeit probably not under a Creative Commons license. I would appreciate it a lot if I could get help with the booking of accommodation. I found nothing under 100 British Pound a night, but maybe I'm not searching at the right places. Cheers, --Pgallert (talk) 07:18, 9 June 2016 (UTC)
- @Pgallert: apologies for the late reply. I've been out of the office. Were you able to find a place to stay? I did a quick search using University of West London in the location field at Hotwire.com. I found a few that might work and one in Ealing (area mentioned on the CaTaC site) for 77 GBP per night from 14 Jun-18 Jun. Hotels.com or Booking.com might also be useful. Hope this helps. -- JTud (WMF), Grants Administrator (talk) 02:34, 10 June 2016 (UTC)