Grants talk:TPS/Umbrellas000/US OpenGLAM Launch Weekend, Open Knowledge Foundation
Questions about your request
Thank you for the request. We have a few questions for you.
- We noticed you have not linked to a Username. Would you please describe how you are active on Wikimedia projects and link to your Username on any projects to which you are an active contributor? I am active on Wikisource through the gamification Primary Source Corps, which I co-developed with Hlong-lib.
- Thanks! Do you have a Username on that project? Umbrellas000
- Please link to some more information about the WW1 LOD project you are working on. Description and papers: https://www.seco.tkk.fi/projects/history/
- Since you are seeking funding from Wikimedia, please explain here how your participation benefits the Wikimedia Movement as distinct from the LOD project you are working on. The WW1 LOD project links to structured Wikipedia data in DBpedia, thus routing users to this data source from our project. This will benefit the Wikimedia Movement by magnifying the impact of Wikipedia's contribution to the open knowledge ecosystem. There also may be possibilities for integration with Wikidata.
We are also concerned about the costs quoted here:
- The cost of accommodation quoted here is higher than we are able to approve: we would expect a hotel cost of US$ 60 - US$90 per night for this area, unless there are special circumstances that require a more expensive hotel. Please adjust the costs in your proposal accordingly, or provide an explanation here.
- The cost of per diem is also high:
- Breakfast and tea are provided at the conference, so these should be deducted from the per diem
- 2.5 days per diem is likely adequate, as the event itself lasts only 2 days and you are staying in Berkeley only 2 nights.
- The rate quoted here is higher than the 75% of the GSA rate of US$ 61 recommended by our travel guidelines. This calculation would yield a per diem of US$ 45 per full day.
This all makes sense. The costs in the request have been adjusted per your guidelines above.
Thank you Winifred! Please let me know if I can provide further information. Best wishes, Umbrellas000 02:34, 7 March 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks Winifred, this is great news! Best wishes, Umbrellas000 05:38, 8 March 2013 (UTC)