Grants talk:TPS/mlynch345/ARLiS/NA + VRA Joint Conference 2016/Report
Feedback from committee
Thank you for submitting this report.
It's great to hear that there was a strong and enthusiastic turnout for your presentation. We are wondering if you can say more about any new partnerships that were generated by your attendance, and any follow-up plans to support them.
We appreciate that you have submitted a link to your presentation. May we ask you to also upload it to Commons and post the link in your report?
Finally, before we can approve this report, we need you to provide a link to an outcome, as described in #2 of the reporting instructions provided here. An outcome is anything that was created as a result of your participation at the event: a learning pattern to teach others something you've learned, a link to something new that was co-created by you and your fellow participants at the event, or a blog post you wrote to share your experience with others after the event.
Please notify us when you've added the link to an outcome, and we'll review your report again.
Thank you so much for your good work at this event!
Dear Marti (WMF),
Thank you for this information. The presentation software I used is Prezi. I embedded a link to it but I'm not sure if Wikimedia can support the upload. Can you advise if this has been done before?
Also, I published a blog post on LinkedIn that should support the Outcome requirement. Do let me know if there is more you'd like me to add.
- Dear mlynch345,
- Thank you for submitting these link. When I click on the link to your presentation, it takes me to a survey on SurveyMonkey. Can you double-check and correct the link? Though it's fine to also provide a link to Prezi, is it also possible to download your presentation as a PDF or some other compatible format and upload it to Wikimedia Commons? That would make it more accessible to Wikimedians.
- Please note that we are approving your finances, including those that weren't part of the original request, since you are way under budget and the expenses are related to the trip.
- We will await confirmation about your presentation before finalizing approval of this report.
- Dear Marti (WMF),
- Thank you for approving my finances. I made the Prezi public so that it can be accessed by everyone. To save it as a PDF, I would need to download the PRO version of Prezi which costs money. I hope the link to the public version can suffice. If not, I'm happy to download PRO for around $20 and then tack the expense onto the reimbursement report. Up to you.
This report is accepted, with the following feedback:
- Thank you for correcting the link to your presentation and explaining the constraints around downloading from Prezi. Given those constraints, I think leaving the Prezi presentation as public for everyone's viewing is the best option. It's a well-done presentation and I was hoping to increase access to it on Commons for re-use, but given the dynamic features of that software, enough would be lost in the conversion to PDF that I don't think it's worth $20 to download it.
- I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I'd like to recommend it to the Wikimedia Foundation's Communication department for possible cross-posting to the WMF blog. I will send an email to consult with you further about this.
Thank you for your contribution to the Wikimedia movement!