Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)/Writing Contest/Jury
Wikimedia Foundation and Google in association with CIS-A2K have rolled out Project Tiger 2.0 also known as Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (GLOW) which is the second iteration of Project Tiger. As a part of Project Tiger 2.0, there will be an article writing contest from 10 October, 2019 to 10 January, 2020. As of now, fifteen communities have shown the interest to take part in writing contest.
Articles created as part of article writing contest needs to be evaluated by language experts (community members). These community members should be fullfilling the following criteria -
- Should be an active editor from January 2019
- Main namespace edits in respective language Wikipedia should be minimum of 2,000 on or before 31 May 2019.
- Should have created minimum 10 new articles of at least 500 words. The articles should adhere to basic rules like notability, NPoV, verifiable & reliable references, manual of style, infobox, proper categorisation, no copyvio and no machine translation.
- Should be active on VP and talk pages.
Please add your Wikimedia username under respective languages and briefly explain why you think you can be a jury member below.
- I fulfill all the aforementioned criteria and would be glad to take the responsibilities as a jury. --SlowPhoton (talk) 11:02, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- Bishnu Saikia⇒✉ 13:22, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- I would like to take the responsibility of a Jury for this contest. Ani ttbr (talk) 02:10, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
- I fulfill all the above criteria and was jury for last year. QueerEcofeminist "cite! even if you fight"!!! [they/them/their] 15:50, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
- I am eligible for all above mentioned criteria. --आर्या जोशी (talk) 08:00, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- I'll do my best. --Sridhar G (talk) 17:25, 8 October 2019 (UTC)
- I want to learn and enjoy the experience. --கி.மூர்த்தி (talk) 00:17, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- .I fulfill all the above criteria and have the experience of being jury in the "New user contest-2019" in Tamil Wikipedia.--Parvathisri (talk) 06:42, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- I would like to judge the articles written for Project Tiger 2.0 as well. --Dineshkumar Ponnusamy (talk) 16:54, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
- Was jury in Tamil wikipedia "New user contest-2019" -- Balajijagadesh (talk) 21:14, 11 October 2019 (UTC)
- I've got all the above criteria and been an active jury for telugu last year. Pavan santhosh.s (talk) 09:33, 30 September 2019 (UTC)
- I will also takes part in the jury. Pranayraj Vangari (talk) |Contribs) 20:28, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- I am the admin of Tulu Wikipedia and secretary of Karavali Wikimedians. We informally discussed among ourselves and decided that I will be the jury for Tulu.--Pavanaja (talk) 08:17, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
- I am doing best.--Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 16:36, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- I would like to help in reviewing the articles just like I did last year. Satdeep Gill (talk) 08:56, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- I'll try my best to do this. Ninder Brar Faridkot (talk) 16:51, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- I will try my best to do this work.
- ਪਿਛਲੇ ਸਾਲ ਮੈਂ ਇਸ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਯੋਗਤਾ ਵਿਚ ਲੇਖ ਬਣਾਏ ਸਨ। ਇਸ ਵਾਰ ਹੋਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਮੁਕਾਬਲੇ ਵਿਚ ਮੈਂ ਬਣੇ ਹੋਏ ਲੇਖਾਂ ਦਾ ਮੁਲਾਂਕਣ ਕਰਨ ਦਾ ਚਾਹਵਾਨ ਹਾਂ। ਇਸ ਉਮੀਦ ਨਾਲ ਕਿ ਮੈਂ ਵਧੀਆਂ ਮੁਲਾਂਕਣ ਕਰ ਸਕਦਾ ਹਾਂ। ...ਆਮੀਨ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨ ਸਿੰਘ ਵਿਰਦੀ (talk) 14:11, 11 October 2019 (UTC)
- I am doing patrolling from a long time at Hindi wikipedia. So, it will also be a part of it.☆★Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 14:47, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- I will also takes part in the jury.--Hindust@niक्या करें? बातें! 17:57, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- Including Piyush and Sanjeev, I am contact persons of Hindi Wikimedia user group. We are elected and experienced persons of Hindi Wikipedia and have ability to be the best jury for Hindi community. अनिरुद्ध! (talk) 20:02, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- I fulfill all the above criteria and have the experience of being jury in the "Wiki Loves Women 2019" in Malayalam Wikipedia.--Meenakshi nandhini (talk) 14:20, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- I'll do my best in reviewing the articles. --Malikaveedu (talk) 14:54, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- I think I fulfill all the above criteria and have the experience of being jury for the last year. - Akhiljaxxn (talk) 19:16, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- I fulfill above criteria. Please add me for Gujarati. KartikMistry (talk) 05:07, 11 October 2019 (UTC)
Here are two names from Urdu Wikipedia
- Hammad ibn Saeed — Bukhari (Talk!) 09:18, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
- Mohammad Faisal Faismeen (talk) 09:17, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
- I fulfill the above criteria.I want to learn and enjoy the experience. Contributing since incubation period of Santali wikipedia. Fagu Baskey (talk) 14:10, 9 October 2019 (UTC)