Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)/Support/Jayprakash12345
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
Home Wiki:- MediaWIki.org
I joined the Wikimedia world in 2015 from English Wikipedia. But After knowing MediaWiki I shifted my contribution in MediaWiki Extensions Maintenance and development since June 2017. I had uploaded around 480 patches on Gerrit. Where 439 patches already merged in Wikimedia repository. I am Technical resource person of many offline Indic Wikimedia programs like MediaWiki Training 2018, Wiki Advanced Training 2018, Jaipur Technical Training 2017, NSCET MediaWiki Training, VVIT MediaWiki Training 2019 and MediaWiki Training 2019. My past activity can be tracked by following.
- MediaWiki Extensions Maintenance and Developer since 2017.
- Created two MediaWiki Extension
- Uploaded 480 patches on Gerrit. Where 439 patches already merged in Wikimedia repository.
- In MediaWiki Core, I have a great deal of experience in OOUI and HTMLForm. I converted the 100+ Special Page in OOUI.
- Create Two Flask based WebApp and deploy it on Toolsforge. Which is using by Indic wiki community a lot. and get 5000+ hit every month.
- Create 6 UserScripts for Indic wiki community. Some of them using the MediaWiki API. which is a part of this project.
- Maintain the Indic Wiki Gadgets and user scripts. See Indic-TechCom/Management for detailed Report.
- I am the founder and lead developer of Indic-TechCom
- Technical Advisor for Indic wiki community and its vaiours event.
- Document the technical stuff on MediaWiki.org
- Organizer of MediaWiki Training 2018
- Technical resource person in Wiki Advanced Training 2018
- Technical resource person in Jaipur Technical Training 2017
- MediaWiki trainer in NSCET MediaWiki Training
- MediaWiki trainer in VVIT MediaWiki Training 2019
- MediaWiki trainer in MediaWiki Training 2019
I have 18000+ global edits on Wikimedia project.
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet) Because for my technical contribution, I have to clone the MediaWiki Codebase Repositories. Which takes a lot of internets usage. And Most of the time my Mobile Hotspot is not worked properly.
Do you have a working laptop? Not Now, It is on the way of repairing. But will available soon.
Had you received the support in the first iteration of Project Tiger? Yes
How will you use this in the next six months?
I will create more gadget and tools for Indic community in the near future. and will provide technical assistance to the community.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Strong support- He is doing great work and is very helpful to fellow wikimedians. This support can help him to better work. -Manavpreet Kaur (talk) 21:19, 31 August 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support He is the key person who is contributing for technical part which is necessary for all Indian languages. --Sumita Roy Dutta (talk)
- Strong support -J. Ansari Talk 16:32, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support - as per all above. --Ashok Talk 18:15, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support - Trikutdas (talk)
- Strong support - always ready to help and solve technical requirements and problems -- Balajijagadesh (talk) 11:15, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support - Das 09:14, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support An asset of the community. Rajeeb (talk) 15:34, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support KCVelaga (talk) 07:24, 8 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support - Jinoytommanjaly (talk) 09:13, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support - Maina Tudu (talk) 01:22, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support -- Innocentbunny TALK 12:19, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support--Sushant savla (talk) 05:55, 14 September 2019 (UTC)