Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)/Support/Komal Sambhudas
- Wikipedia username
- Komal Sambhudas
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- My contribution - https://xtools.wmflabs.org/ec/mr.wikipedia.org/Komal%20Sambhudas
- 1300+ edits completed on Marathi Wikipedia
- 5400+ edits completed on Marathi Wikisource
- Experienced Wikimedian, Train The Trainer 2019. CIS-A2K/Events/Train the Trainer Program/2019
- Participated in Wikisource Workshop in Vigyan Ashram Pabal - 25 and 26 May 2019. CIS-A2K/Events/Wikisource Workshop at Vigyan Ashram, Pabal (25-26 May 2019)
- I am upgrading old articles as per norms of Wikipedia writing style.
What type of support you need
At present we are using facility of computer laboratory at Vigyan Ashram Pabal campus. For regular training purpose, we need dedicated setup. The set-up comprises of Chromebook and internet. We are going to use this set-up for outreach trainings in rural areas of Maharashtra. With this set-up we are also planning Wikipedia Readership program for the students.We are approached by libraries and archives for scanning of the books. The team of trainees would be involved in scanning activity.
- To organize outreach programs for increasing readership of Wikipedia. During this activity, we will also assess and record the specific demands of the community.
- At Vigyan Ashram, we are working on various rural technologies. Our plan is to write articles about those technologies as well.
- I also want to arrange the workshops in Senior colleges which are situated near my village. Young members can get opportunity through this.
- We are planning to take up scanning of old reference books, documents in villages and uploading the same on Commons and Wikisource.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- SupportDugal harpreet (talk) 12:29, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support--Hindust@niक्या करें? बातें! 12:34, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support--*•.¸♡ ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕡𝕒𝕝 ♡¸.•*𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕜 12:43, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support -- Maina Tudu (talk) 15:03, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Naga sai sravanth (talk) 15:07, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- SupportDurga bhat bollurodi (talk) 17:49, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support--Pooja Jadhav (talk) 06:40, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support --Jayprakash >>> Talk 10:52, 17 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Nivas10798 (talk) 18:14, 20 September 2019 (UTC)