Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)/Support/Maina Tudu
- Wikipedia username
- Maina Tudu
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
I'm active wikipedia contributor in Santali Language. I have created 163 pages and edited more than 3000 inside wiki pages. I have participated edit-a-thon 'Asian Month 2018' and also participated TTT2019 at Visakhapatnam.
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or Chromebook)
I am using smart phone for Wikipedia edit that is difficult for speed and correct edit of articles. So I'm in need of Laptop to speed up my wiki contribution.
Do you have a working laptop?
No, I don't have Laptop.
Had you received the support in the first iteration of Project Tiger?
How will you use this in the next six months?
A tip of help will definitely encourage me, and so I'll do edit faster and correct way. I can guide new Wiki contributor to enrich the Wikipedia with motivated way.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit Hello Awesome Wikimedians, Please use Strong support, Support, etc. templates to highlight my support Application. Thank you.
- Strong support I shouldn't be the first one to comment here as I am not a native speaker of Santali but Maina Tudu is not only a star Wikimedian in the Santali community and the whole Wikimedia movement, she is also the compiler of a Santali-language dictionary, a poet, a Sahitya Akademi awarded author and a notable person to have to her own Wikipedia article. Strong support as this support could help her grow her contribution more. (I will soon share a video that she shared with me and I was fortunate to show it twice at Wikimania this year) --Psubhashish (talk) 12:29, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong supportOne of the top contributors and organizers of Wiki Loves Women India 2019, Mains Tudu is a passionate Wikimedian who has helped immensely in advancing Wikimedia movement with Santali Wikipedia (a language that still has no google translation assistance online). I think the word "inspiring" sums up about her contributions for the free knowledge movement. Wikilover90 (talk) 14:02, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support As detail explanation by above two supports, I agreed on the same. She is notable and most active in Santali Wiki. --Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 16:10, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support -Manavpreet Kaur (talk) 16:13, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support -J. Ansari Talk 17:25, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support - Though I never met her personally, but had some conversations on social media. She is awesome. --Sangaram Keshari Senapati (talk) 18:17, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Most dedicated and active wikipedian, This will help in the betterment of her contribution. --Ramjit Tudu (talk) 19:08, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support She is the most inspiring figure of santali wikipedia, a housewife breaking down all myths and writing wikipedia is a great thing for us.R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 01:33, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support--Hindust@niक्या करें? बातें! 08:25, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Kritzolina (talk) 12:57, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Fagu Baskey (talk) 15:52, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support KCVelaga (talk) 07:25, 8 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support one of the most dedicated female contributor in Santali Wikipedia. She deserve this support. --Manik Soren (talk) 11:28, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
- SupportDugal harpreet (talk) 12:51, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support --Tiven2240 (talk) 11:43, 17 September 2019 (UTC)