Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)/Support/Manjappabg
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- I am contributing wikipedia since 2011
- Kannada Wikipedia
- Sanskrit Wikipedia
- English Wikipedia
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or Chromebook)
- I am a teacher coming from Sagara region in Karnataka and in my free time I contribute to Kannada Wikipedia. I contributed to Kannada Wikipedia during the Project Tiger editathon last year and won prize as well. All that contribution I did from from my mobile phone. Because I edit from phone it is difficult to keep contributing always. When editing mobile also hangs sometime because of storage problem. Now lack of resource is stopping my contribution and interest. If I get a support I feel in all the available time I can contribute to Wikipedia. Last time I applied for support in Kannada language. With all support from my community members this time I am applying for this support English.
Do you have a working laptop? No. I do not have any working laptop.
Had you received the support in the first iteration of Project Tiger? No.
How will you use this in the next six months? I want to participate in Project Tiger editathon and Karnataka Rajyotsava editathon. If I get a laptop that will boost my editing. I want to contribute to Kannada Wikipedia and want to learn and contribute to Wikidata. With other Kannada Wikipedians I want to help in conducting Wikipedia workshops in Sagara.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Strong support I met Manjapa sir when I went to Sagara. I regret that I could not endorse his application in last year Project Tiger. Even with lack of support his contribution for Roject Tiger Contest is tremendous. If he receive support this will help Kannada Wikipedia community to increase activity in Sagara region. Also will help in building community leaders in Sagara. --Gopala Krishna A (talk) 17:25, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support--Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk) 18:21, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support - Manjaappa B G has participated in the Kannada Wikipedia training programs and editathons conducted by me at Sagara during 2013-15. He is keenly interested in contributing to Kannada Wikipedia. But unfortunately, he does not have the necessary infrastructure to contribute regularly. He definitely needs to be supported by proiding laptop and Internet connection.--Pavanaja (talk) 04:41, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support - Manjaappa B G is contributing well to kannada Wikipedia. I support his request.--Vidyadhar Chipli (talk) 08:10, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support--★ Anoop✉ 14:47, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- SupportSmjalageri (talk) 11:29, 16 September 2019 (UTC) Manjappa is an Asset. Any help to him, would enrich Kannada Wiki.
- Support Mallikarjunasj (talk) 10:22, 17 September 2019 (UTC) I endorse supporting Sri BG Manjappa.
- Support--Vikas Hegde (talk) 11:59, 17 September 2019 (UTC).
- Support--Sangappadyamani (talk) 06:39, 20 September 2019 (UTC)