Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)/Support/Pinakpani
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- Wikipedia, Wikidata, WikiCommons
- Active in English, Bengali language
- Created more than 800 articles in English Wikipedia and 350+ valued articles in Bengali Wikipedia. Expanded number of articles in various languages and added quality images. I also attended TTT 2018, Mini TTT 2019 and Wikimedia SAARC conference in Bengaluru, Christ University.
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or Chromebook) Generally I am working through smart phone to edit and create wiki article, it is difficult to work in Wikicommons from the phone. My laptop is not updated and old one. Hence I need a Chromebook for Wiki works.
Do you have a working laptop? Yes, I have, but since this is old one, I am having problem to use it
Had you received the support in the first iteration of Project Tiger? I have a plan to expand and enrich existing articles in Bengali Wikipedia specifically
How will you use this in the next six months? In next six months I have a plan to organize and co ordinate new Wikipedians for the community. The Chromebook will definitely help me in contributing more in various Wikimedia project such as Wikisource.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support --
- Support Very active in law related articles in English Wikipedia. ---Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 18:24, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Rajeeb (talk) 15:34, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support - Das 02:49, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support- A very active Wikipedian on English and Bengali wiki. খাঁ শুভেন্দু (talk) 17:27, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support--আফতাবুজ্জামান (talk) 22:51, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support-- Innocentbunny TALK 20:36, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support — Ferdous • 21:03, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose Commenting anonymously since this user knows me. I don't care who contributed in which wiki but since the main object of Project Tiger 2.0 is to help indic/Indian languages wiki, i want to comment. Pinakpani is a good wiki contributor, but he mainly works/contributes on enwiki. Yes he did 9k edit on bnwiki but if you look his contribution, most of his edit was in 2017. After that he did very little edit on bnwiki comparing to enwiki (2k vs 16k in the year 2018 & 2019). English wiki already is a global wiki & many people contribute there, even from india. CIS-A2K should not worried about english wikipedia, growth of english wiki is very very good. In the other hand, growth of all indic wikipedia isn't very good, including bnwiki. In this request Pinakpani promised to work on bnwiki in future but i don't buy that. even after this request, Pinakpani did not contribute much on bnwiki. Also he didn't created 350+ valued articles on bnwiki, there is a difference between general article and valued articles. My request to CIS-A2K is that, if you decided to help bnwiki then please help other bengali wikipedian who really and regularly contribute on Bengali Wikipedia. I saw 5-6 bengali wikipedians asked for chromebook who regularly contribute on Bengali Wikipedia. Help them first. I feel sorry for those people who don't contribute much in their native/mother language wiki (but very active in other wiki). --220.127.116.11 14:22, 5 October 2019 (UTC)