- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- Translated / created more than 100 articles on Gujarti Wikipedia
- Have been instrumental in getting independent domain for Gujarati Wikisource
- Carried out around 100 projects on Gujarati wikisource
- Have been part of team who has uploaded more than 130 books
- started Audio project on Gujarati Wikisource
- Project Tiger Edit-a-thon 2018, National Edit-a-thon, as a participant and was among the winners two times. 2 First prizes for Gujarati.
- Created around 30 images during wikigraphics boot camp
- Active member of graphic labs on common, converted more than 50 images to SVG
- Translated around 170 files in SVG_Translation_Campaign_2019_in_India (Gujarati and Marathi) All India 3rd Rank
- created 7 articles on english wikipedia
- Organized Wikisource Workshop in Ahmadabad
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or Chromebook)
- My contribution to wiki is done on old desk top. Now for office work I need to travel frequently, due to this my contribution is limited during travel. I try using mobile during travel but due to small screen It is difficult to work.
- Further, When i go for attending training session i have to either use mobile or borrow laptop from organizers.
- I plan to carry out wiki awareness through meeting of small group of interested people. In the absence of Laptop, I am unable to carry out such task. with internet and Lapptop that will be easier.
- As my home is on Road side, Not able to record the audio book due to road side noice. With Laptop i can take it to some peacefull place and audio record the wikisource book.
How will you use this in the next six months? Will create new articles, proof read books, edit rectify articles.
- My Main Focus is on Gujarati Wikisource. I will continue using it for proofreading and carry that work forward.
- I will use it for Project Tiger 2
- I plan to create and expand some articles in English Wikipedia.
- I plan to carry out outreach program to interested people in small group of one or two at some public place, library etc.
- Do some recording of Wikisource book to make Audio Book.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- I strongly support Sushant's nomination. He has been very active on Wikisource and instrumental in growing it. I am sure with the laptop, he will be able to do more work.--DhavalTalk 21:54, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support - I know during training programs he borrows laptop from organizers for the work. He is also very active in graphic labs on common and created many SVGs per request. If he gets the support it will surely helps to his contribution for the Wikimedia activities. I strongly endorse his application.-Jinoytommanjaly (talk) 11:05, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support - He is an enthusiastic and dedicated wikimedian. He is doing marvellous work in Gujarati wikisource. I nurtured in his hand as a Gujarati Wikisource editor. Definitely Deserves the aforesaid support. --Vijay B. Barot (talk) 16:06, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Apart from being an active Wikisource editor, Sushant has been quite active around the vector graphics work in the recent past. I have seen him many times working on community requests at the Graphics Lab on Wikimedia Commons. This support will help to contribute more to Wikimedia projects. KCVelaga (talk) 07:32, 8 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support SuswethaK (talk) 06:15, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support --Gazal world (talk) 18:14, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Good contributions for Gujarati wikisource. --Harshil169 (talk) 05:52, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support -- A torchbearer of Gujarati Wikisource. -Nizil Shah (talk) 06:43, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support-Manavpreet Kaur (talk) 15:27, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support - Das 15:46, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Sushant is a community leader. He knows what need to be done for community and he know how to work on community needs and how to fulfill that needs. I believe this support will boost his efforts to contribute to Gujarati Wikimedia projects. --Gopala Krishna A (talk) 16:06, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Sushant ji is very active contributor online and offline. The help will improve his contrubution. NehalDaveND (talk) 16:10, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support I endorse because Sushant is good active contributor.--Raju Jangid (talk) 16:34, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support —IM3847 (talk) 17:23, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support —Rajeeb (talk) 17:36, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support -Abhinav619 (talk) 18:08, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Dedicated helpful Wikipedian and graphic designer.-- Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 18:42, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support - I strongly support Sushant's nomination. He has been very active on Wikisource and instrumental in growing it. I am sure with the laptop, he will be able to do more work.--Aniket (talk) 06:35, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support -- Hrishikes (talk) 01:10, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support -Sangaram Keshari Senapati (talk) 01:11, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support - Sushant is one of the foundation stone which has supported the tremendous growth of Gujarati Wikisource. He has used his own resources for copying the books from the libraries and provided the backbone to other contributors. It is true that he now travels a lot for his work. Whenever he is on the move, his active contribution drops drastically. This severely affects the rate of growth of the work on Gujarati Wikisource projects. Sushant is also a very active champion for spreading the work of Gujarati Wikisource to different cities of Gujarat. In all these places, he has to carry his own laptop to conduct the awareness workshops. So his needs for a laptop and continuing internet connectivity is quite justified. If he is empowered with more resources, he will be able to conceive and execute more projects that will spread the work of Wikipedia as well as create a wider base of active participants for Gujarati Wikisource. --Amvaishnav (talk) 16:18, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support--Pooja Jadhav (talk) 06:44, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support -J. Ansari Talk 16:20, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support --Jayprakash >>> Talk 10:53, 17 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support--Sushant is one of the most active contributors on Gujarati Wiki.With laptop ,I am sure,he can do more work and contribute.I strongly support his nomination.92saeedshaikh (talk) 02:01, 21 September 2019 (UTC)