Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)/Support/akasmita
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- Contributions to the Commons: https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions/Akasmita&offset=&limit=500&target=Akasmita
- Currently working on the articles in Kannada Wikipedia related to birds and science and set a target to my self to finish  this before 2020.
- Worked on the Kannada Wikisource as proof reader and paragraphing on several books. ( https://kn.wikisource.org/wiki/%E0%B2%B5%E0%B2%BF%E0%B2%B6%E0%B3%87%E0%B2%B7:Contributions/Akasmita )
- Also contributed to the Wikidata and participated in the labelthon 2018 with 1500+ edits.
What type of support you need
- Chromebook- ✓
- Internet- ✓
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or Chromebook)
So far I had my own laptop so hardware support was not needed from past 4 years, but recently my laptop has spoilt and not able to work on the Wikipedia and sister projects actively. Hence I would be needing the support to continue and add more content for the projects.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- #Wiki100days has always been on my mind. So definitely would start it soon.
- #wikicommons100days- Being a photographer and having loads of files to be uploaded, it will surely go beyond #wikicommons200days. But for this need good internet support.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Strong support Vinay very good Wikisource editor.--Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 11:35, 26 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support-Vinay is a skilled Wikimedian seen working on multiple Kannada language related projects.★ Anoop✉ 03:25, 27 August 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support- I know Vinay from a long time. He is a student and I know he is putting great effort in writing articles related birds and nature. Which is important in Wikimedia space strategically. Also, he spoke to me before about problems with his laptop etc. Plus has capacity to contribute quality images to commons. Gopala Krishna A (talk) 05:33, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support- Vinay deserves support as he is a good Wikimedian contributing for different Wiki projects from many years. So, I support his application. --Vikas Hegde (talk) 08:30, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support- I met Vinay just once at Kannada Wiki Meetup, but heard about him and about his contributions on Wikidata Label-a-thon 2018 from Gopala. He is just awesome. This support would help him with more contribution. --Sangaram Keshari Senapati (talk) 17:24, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support I support --Ashay vb (talk) 17:00, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support --BHARATHESHA ALASANDEMAJALU (talk) 17:52, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support This would help in contributing more. --Durga bhat bollurodi (talk) 16:23, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong supportChinmayee Mishra (talk) 23:59, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support--Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk) 03:17, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support--Ashwini2001 (talk) 12:14, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strongly Support A dedicated, skillful wikimedian. He's also adept at taking beautiful pictures, as I've seen first-hand. I'm sure a laptop will enable to him contribute better to not just Project GLOW but in the long-run, on a multitude of projects as well. -- Mouryan/মৌর্য্য/మౌర్య (❤) 04:58, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support -J. Ansari Talk 13:04, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support----Tshrinivasan (talk) 12:14, 13 September 2019 (UTC)