Hardware donation program/Amikeco
Your contact information
Explain your plan
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you.
I have been editing Wikipedia for more than 15 years, being administrator of the Ossetic edition and top-1000 editor in Russian version. I try to broaden my participation with taking part in projects that are new for me (like Russian Wikinews).
An important field of my activity is popularizing wiki-projects in languages of Russia other than Russian, most importantly Ossetic (which I learned and speak). In fall 2019 I talked about this during Language Festivals in St. Petersburg (with user Erzianj jurnalist) and Vladikavkaz, where I also organized a wiki-meetup and had an opportunity to talk about Wikipedia on local TV in three occasions: 1, 2, 3.
With my new laptop I am going to be active in the mentioned projects and also in the newly created North Caucasian Wikimedians User Group. The netbook I am currently using is outdated and physically damaged, lowering my productivity very much.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Ossetian Wikipedia
- Russian Wikipedia and Wikinews
- Esperanto Wikipedia and Wikinews
- off-line events to turn attention to wiki-projects in languages of Russia
Work you're proud of
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- https://os.wikipedia.org — requested to create, took part in editing, translating the interface, coining new terms for new realities (interface elements, etc.)
- Meetup in Vladikavkaz (2019) and the following coverage in media (tv, tv, text), among other events.
- Итальянцы в Аргентине (Italians in Argentina) and many other articles in Russian Wikipedia, more than a dozen written based on Bulgarian sources (most of this category for example).
- Dendesha (talk) 14:00, 1 December 2019 (UTC)
- Amikeco is legendary user: he is the founder of Ossetian Wikipedia, and doing many things for popularizing Wiki Movement and supporting indigenous languages. — Soul Train (talk) 16:22, 1 December 2019 (UTC)
- Amikeco and his work for popularizing Wiki Movement is known me from 2004. I urge support for his application. --Kaganer (talk) 13:36, 2 December 2019 (UTC)