Hardware donation program/J ansari (2nd application)
Your contact information
- your username
- J ansari
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your plan
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you. Hi! My name J ansari I have been contributing Wikipedia since 2016, I contribute to many Wiki projects and I organized and contributed in many contests such as WAM, Wiki loves women, wiki Hindi day, ect.. also I am most active on cross-wiki against vandalism
I got a laptop that (ASUS K53U) under the Hardware donation program. It is unbearably slow working and freezes very often because it only has 2GB of RAM and 1GHz processor as I mentioned above that its speed is very slow due to configurations: 1GHz processor and 2GB RAM. so its not working well it is problem due to RAM and processor configurations because I can increase device's RAM but can not increase more than of 1GHz processor, (If Required to show I can Send Images or video)
So it will take me too much time for contributing still i am using mobile and a old broken Chromebook that provided under tiger project, due to which many problems arise, Chromebook is not Enough for many online, offline work and wiki technical workshop, Meetups, Conference and Hardware work, It is my request to WMF to gift me a good laptop as replacement,
- global contribution
I am member of the SWMT. Since then, I have been active doing countervandalism, cross-wiki spammers and patrolling projects from #cvn-sw, SWViewer and RTRC tools. I think a good laptop could be very useful for me in global activity
- My global contribution more than 30K+ edits.
- I am currently Auto patrolled, Rollbacker and Reviewer. at Hindi Wikipedia.
- I am One of the Founder member of Hindi Wikiversity, Which is First Indic Wikiversity. with User:Jayprakash12345
- I was Admin on hi.wikivoyage. and hi.wikiversity
- I have been created more than 1400 articles on several wiki projects
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Hindi Wikipedia.
- Wiki data.
- Meta Wikimedia.
- English Wikipedia
- Wikitech Wikimedia
Work you're proud of
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off-wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.) Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- My contribution Wiki projects
- Do check the list of pages and Templates created by me on hi.wikipedia.See here
- Project Tiger Editathon 2018/Winners
- I got the chrombook provided by Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program See here
- offline activities
- Train the Trainer Program-2019
- kolkata Hindi Wiki Conference 2019 (As an organizer)
- Wiki Advanced Training 2018 at Ranchi
- Hindi Wikimedians Technical Meet April 2018 at Bhopal
- Hindi wikipedia education program
- Delhi Hindi Wiki Conference 2018, (Online)
- (Online) Edit-a-thons
- International WikiGap Challenge 2019 (As a 2nd winner)
- SVG Translation Campaign In India-2019 (As an organizer)
- Wiki Loves Women India 2019 (As an organizer)
- Wikipedia Asian Month 2018 (As an organizer)
- Wiki Women for Women Wellbeing 2018
- hi:Indian Independence Day Articles Contest 2018 (As an organizer)
- Hindi day edit-a-thon, 2018 (As an organizer)
- Wikidata India Edit-a-thon 2018
- Project Tiger Editathon 2018 (Hindi)
- Indian Independence Day 2018 edit-a-thon
- Hindi Wikivoyage edit-a-thon
- Hindi day edit-a-thon, 2017
- Wikipedia Asian Month 2017
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page