Hausa Wikimedians User Group
Hausa Wikimedians User Group, is an independent group of Hausawa Wikimedians who edit or are literate in Hausa language, the user group mission is to promote Wikimedia projects and to support all Hausa Wikimedia users by working together in ways an individual affiliate would not.
- To promote Wikimedia projects in Hausa language.
- To promote editing of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.
- To improve the quality of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects contents.
- To organize in person events for local Wikipedians/Wikimedians.
This user group plans to hold and support the following activities:
- Meetings the user group will be organising meet-ups for it's members in order to exchange ideas and to find ways to support them to continue editing the projects in areas where they would need help.
- Edit-a-thons to help new Wikipedians learn editing techniques, to create, translate and improve content in all Wikimedia projects or work on and develop a certain topic.
- Editing contests the group will be organizing editing contest to encourage existing regular editors to keep editing Wikimedia projects and also encourage non-members/users to join.
- Photographic Contest and trips the group will also organise trips and contests to encourage users upload and document files to commons which will be use in all Wikimedia projects.
Interested In Participation
Membership to Hausa Wikimedians User Group is open to all who can contribute to the objectives of the group. Feel free to add your username to the members section below! Any Wikimedian may sign themselves up.
Interested members should add themselves here.