Hausa Wikimedians User Group is a user-group dedicated to promote Wikimedia projects in Hausa language and beyond. The group is open to membership by interested individuals.
- To promote Wikimedia projects
- To promote editing of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects both in Hausa and other languages.
- To engage and encourage more Hausa speakers to become contributors of the Wikimedia projects..
- To organize in person events for local community Wikipedians/Wikimedians by providing them with resources needed to enhance both their skills and ability for the development of the Wikimedia projects.
This user group plans to hold and support the following activities:
- Meetings the user group will be organising meet-ups for it's members in order to exchange ideas and to find ways to support them to continue editing the projects in areas where they would need help.
- Edit-a-thons to help new Wikipedians learn editing techniques, to create, translate and improve content in all Wikimedia projects or work on and develop a certain topic which will in return promote the project.
- Editing contests the group will be organizing editing contest to encourage existing regular editors to keep editing Wikimedia projects and also encourage non-members/users to join.
- Photographic Contest and trips the group will also organise trips and contests to encourage users upload and document files to commons which will be use in all Wikimedia projects.
- Lumilab, Opposite New Life Bakery, Ring Road, 820212, Katsina