Hausa Wikimedians User Group (Incorporated as Hausa Wikimedia Foundation; CAC/IT/192786 in Nigeria) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Wikimedia projects, with special focus in Hausa language editions, topics related to Hausa people, culture, society, history and beyond. We also help, encourage and educate Hausa-speaking users and communities on the importance of open source, knowledge sharing and other educational initiatives through the training and events which the group organizes. Membership is open to interested individuals with shared interests, the decision making body of the organization is Board of Trustees.
- To promote Wikimedia projects
- To promote editing of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects both in Hausa and other languages.
- To engage and encourage more Hausa speakers to become contributors of the Wikimedia projects.
- To organize in-person events for local community Wikipedians/Wikimedians by providing them with resources needed to enhance both their skills and ability for the development of the Wikimedia projects.
This user group plans to hold and support the following activities:
- Meetings the user group will be organising meet-ups for its members in order to exchange ideas and to find ways to support them to continue editing the projects in areas where they would need help.
- Edit-a-thons to help new Wikipedians learn editing techniques, to create, translate and improve the content in all Wikimedia projects or work on and develop a certain topic which will in return promote the project.
- Editing contests the group will be organizing editing contests to encourage existing regular editors to keep editing Wikimedia projects and also encourage non-members/users to join.
- Photographic Contest and trips the group will also organise trips and contests to encourage users to upload and document files to commons which will be used in all Wikimedia projects.
Affiliations Committee Resolutions
- Contact us:
- subscribe to our mailing list email@example.com