Hindi Wikimedians User Group
- CH Wikimedia CH
- GB Wikimedia UK
- KR 위키미디어 한국
- RU Викимедиа РУ
- US-NYC Wikimedia New York City
- CAT Amical Wikimedia
- ESP-WE Wikiesfera Grupo de Usuarixs
- H-GAPS H-GAPS User Group
- MK-SK Shared Knowledge
- NGA-HA Hausa Wikimedians User Group
- NGA-IG Igbo Wikimedians User Group
- RU-Don Don Wikimedians User Group
- US-NE New England Wikimedians
- WJ WikiJournal
- WK? Whose Knowledge?
Hindi Wikimedians User Group (Hindi: हिन्दी विकिमीडियाई) is a recognized user group of Wikimedians who work on various wiki projects related to Hindi language. Hindi Wikimedians are dedicated to work for the Wikimedia (Free Knowledge) movement in Hindi language. However, the user group is not responsible for the content on Hindi Wikimedia Projects. It has a portal which can be seen here.
This group seeks to form a central place to take forward the activities which have hitherto been undertaken by various members mostly in the form of individual intitiatives. This forum also seeks to organise at one place, all reports etc., of all such initiatives done in past for the benefit of future members.
- Sanskrit being the mother language of Hindi, we shall strive to extend maximum co-operation to Sanskrit community also.
- Fiji Hindi has also close proximity to Hindi language though written in English/Roman script. Fiji Hindi is spoken by Indians in Fiji whose number is 313,798 (37.6%) (2007 census) out of a total of 827,900 people living in Fiji. It is an Eastern Hindi language. It is an older dialect of the Awadhi language spoken in central and east Uttar Pradesh having considerable influence by Bhojpuri, Magahi and other Bihari languages. Special effort will be made to promote Fiji Hindi as well. Hindi is spoken by a large number of speakers in en:Mauritius also. Similar efforts will be made to promote the Hindi Wikipedia activities in Mauritius also.
Reasons and justification
Hindi is the world's 4th most spoken language. As evident from the map in India, Hindi is spoken in most of the Northern region. Around 258 million (258,000,000) people in India reported Hindi to be their native language. Hindi Wikipedia needs more offline activities (meet-ups/conferences) for improvement. Hindi Wikipedia is biggest Indic Language Wikipedia with over 1,56,530 articles. During India Consultation 2014, Hindi Wikipedians requested for special attention towards Hindi Wikipedia. Everyone encouraged representatives to take lead and plan activities. This user-group will focus on promoting Hindi Wikipedia in local communities. Presently most of the editors of Hindi Wikipedia are working in isolation from each other and there is a need to unify their efforts and activities. This group will help in preparing and implementing a clear road map for future.
Affiliations Committee Resolutions
- Hindi Wikimedians User Group Recognition - June 2017