CIS-A2K/Reports/Community Monthly Reports/June 2012
< CIS-A2K | Reports | Community Monthly Reports(Redirected from India Program/Reports/Community Monthly Reports/June 2012)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Plan - June 2012
Please do add comments on the discussion page, or offlist to me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Indic Community Building
- We will continue our efforts to support local community building (across languages) with as many interested community members as we can effectively handle. This will primarily involve a combination of promoting collaboration (through Wikiprojects, for instance) as well as through helping grow communities by supporting community outreach efforts. Specifically in June, we plan the following
- Support the Assamese community to take forward their plans after their 10th anniversary celebrations
- Support the Kannada community to take forward their plans after their 9th anniversary celebrations
- Support the Nepali community to take forward their plans after their 10th anniversary celebrations
- Providing advisory services to Bengali / Sanskrit/ Telugu / Gujarati / Assamese projects beyond Wikipedia, specifically, Wikisources / Wiktionary
- Supporting Outreach
- On Indic languages, we will continue the process of translation of the Outreach Handbook to Indic languages, as well as helping community members interested in outreach.
- We will continue to fine-tune the Outreach Handbook and other outreach material - building on the feedback and responses we are getting.
- We will explore the potential for a digital outreach model for an Indic community - and preliminary discussions have commenced.
- We will be partnering with institutes to set up Wikipedia Clubs. We are already in process of setting up a Wikipedia Club at British Council. The first session for their members is scheduled for 23rd June.
- Staying-in-Touch with Newbies Post-Outreach
- We will publish 3 stories on topical community initiatives
- We will continue to establish the social media / digital outreach plan using the Facebook group for English as well as Facebook group for Odia that has been set up, and now has a number of existing community members supporting the initiative as mentors. Specifically, we will look at supporting the Hindi, Kannada and Assamese communities who have expressed interest.
- We will work on and improve communication with Indic communities.
- Education Program
- This is a topic we are carrying forward from previous months. We have had a number of discussions with community members and we are working on a plan that around which we will be initiating on wiki discussions this month.