International Women's Month 2022 edit-a-thon
|International Women’s Month 2022 edit-a-thon|
|Begins||19 March 2022|
|Ends||20 March 2022|
Women Month 2022 edit-a-thon is part of a series of mini edit-a-thon. Wikimedia celebrates women's months every year and it has an importance in this Wiki world. CIS-A2K also decides to dedicate two days to women. The edit-a-thon will be on 19 March and 20 March. For the event, the list of topics is suggested by the Art+Feminism team.
This is an online event, just like the previous mini edit-a-thons. However, any community that wants to conduct an on-ground small event for these two days, can conduct.
Note: For conducting the event you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can request us on our request page.
For participating in this edit-a-thon, you can choose/edit any Wikimedia project such as Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata, Wikisource, Wikiquote etc and make some improvements, just like previous edit-a-thons. These are some contributions you can make:
- Create a Wikipedia article about women or women related stuff.
- If the article already exists then you can expand a Wikipedia article (or you can copyedit, add reliable references, fix typos, add relevant images etc.)
- Create Wikidata items or improve Wikidata items related to women, directly or indirectly.
- Upload or improve images on Wikimedia Commons. Please see photos in gallery Women (please also see numerous subcategories). Other than uploading images, you may improve image details such as improving description, writing image descriptions in your native languages, adding/improving structured data etc. Also, you can add photos to Wikipedia articles, which do not have enough photos, from Wikimedia commons. Wikimedians can also create their own SVGs and upload to Wikimedia Commons.
- You can work on Wikisource as well if you have any book on book/article which you have on Wikisource. Proofread any page related to a specific language-related book in your own language.
- Add or improve quotes on Wikiquotes.
- This edit-a-thon is not limited to any specific Wikimedia project. You can select any Wikimedia project (like; Wikibooks, Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikipedia, Wikisource etc.) of your interest to contribute about languages.
Note: All edits must follow a project's and the community's policies and guidelines. Please consider making a high-quality contribution. You can work on more than one project.
Please add your username below. Also include the project names you worked on. You may add the project names after the completion of your work also.
This is an effort to engage Indian Wikimedians on the same platform and it is not a competition, but more like a celebration. We do not have any target of NN number of articles to be created or expanded, or BB bytes to be added. The idea is to make some contribution.
List of articles
This is a list of 20th-century Indian women which is suggested by Art+Feminism.
Special note: Please write your username below. Please mention only those projects with language name where you will work on during the edit-a-thon. We'll check your contribution on the mentioned projects only. You may change the projects during/after the edit-a-thon.
- User:Example, Tamil Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons
- FromPunjab (talk) 16:08, 13 March 2022 (UTC), Punjbai Wikipedia
- Sangram Keshari Senapati, Odia Wikipedia
- -Manisha yadav12 (talk) 10:08, 14 March 2022 (UTC), Hindi Wikipedia
- Batthini Vinay Kumar Goud, Telugu Wikipedia
- Nayan j Nath (talk) 13:09, 14 March 2022 (UTC), Assamese Wikipedia
- Vijay Barot (talk) 13:20, 14 March 2022 (UTC), Gujarati Wikipedia
- Meenakshi nandhini (talk) 14:17, 14 March 2022 (UTC),Malayalam Wikipedia
- Anupamdutta73 (talk) Bengali 14:52, 14 March 2022 (UTC)
- Simranjeet Sidhu (talk) 15:50, 14 March 2022 (UTC) Punjabi Wikipedia
- Mahalingam, Tamil Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata--TNSE Mahalingam VNR (talk) 08:41, 15 March 2022 (UTC)
- Nagarani Bethi (talk) 09:42, 15 March 2022 (UTC) Telugu Wikipedia
- Kasyap (talk) 11:41, 15 March 2022 (UTC) Telugu and English Wikipedia
- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 15:12, 15 March 2022 (UTC) , hindi wikipedia.
- K.Venkataramana (talk) 13:44, 16 March 2022 (UTC) , Telugu wikipedia
- Brihaspati (talk) 05:36, 18 March 2022 (UTC)
- JyotiPN (talk) 04:38, 19 March 2022 (UTC)JyotiPN
- - Ajay Talk 04:57, 19 March 2022 (UTC), Assamese Wikipedia
- --Hellohappy (talk) 06:50, 19 March 2022 (UTC)
- talk) 09:36, 19 March 2022 (UTC), Telugu Wikipedia (
- Kuldhar Rabha (talk) 09:40, 19 March 2022 (UTC). Assamese Wikipedia.
- Salil Kumar Mukherjee (talk) 11:39, 19 March 2022 (UTC), Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata, Bengali wikipedia
- pranamikaadhikary. 11.24, 20 march, Assamese wikipedia
- Jonali Baruah 12.31pm (CST), 20 march, Assamese wikipedia
- Punjabi Wikipedia Community
- P. V. V. Lakshmi
- Aparna Yadav
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi
- Aparna Balamurali
- Supriya Sule
- Jhulan Goswami
- Yastika Bhatia
- Sabbhineni Meghana
- Richa Ghosh
- Deepti Sharma
- Harmanpreet Kaur
- Renuka Singh (politician)
- Katragadda Prasuna
- Yogita Rana
- Konduru Prabavathamma
- Pamela Sathpathy
- Supriya Devi
- Nirmala Prabhavathi
- Kajal Guptha
- Moumita Gupta
- Chaiti Ghoshal
- Anubha Gupta
- ml:Haleh Afshar, Baroness Afshar
- ml:Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- ml:Carol J. Adams
- ml:Brooke Ackerly
- ml:Adelina Zendejas
- ml:Nellie Wong
- ml:Monique Wittig
- ml:Audrey Wise
- ml:Clara Wichmann
- ml:Louise Weiss
- ml:Fadela Amara
- ml:Nesta Helen Webster
- ml:Harriet Shaw Weaver
- ml:Roosje Vos
- ml:Maria Freeman Gray
- ml:Mabel Vernon
- ml:Dorothy Thompson
- ml:Tcheng Yu-hsiu
- ml:Joan Kennedy Taylor
- ml:Mavis Tate
- ml:Vineeta Bal
- ml:Jessie Street
- ml:Sandy Stone (artist)
- ml:Suvira Jaiswal
- પુનિતા અરોરા
- માધુરી કાનિટકર
- પદ્મા બંદોપાધ્યાય
- વિજયાલક્ષ્મી પંડિત
- કમલા નેહરુ
- સ્વરૂપ રાણી નેહરુ
- મધુમિતા બિષ્ત
- મૃણાલિની કુંટે
International Women's Month 2022 edit-a-thon was a two-days long edit-a-thon. To participate in the edit-a-thon 23 users signed on the event page. The theme of the event was to create content related to women on Wikimedia projects. The edit-a-thon was not restricted to only the Wiki projects. For this time, A2K collaborated with the Art+Feminism campaign. To follow the collaboration, A2K created a few dashboards under the Art+Feminism 2022. For this time, seven languages Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, and Telugu entered this event. During these two days, all the language Wikis were updated with ~170 or more than 170 new articles. 39 users participated in this event, and 22 participants are from the Punjabi community only.
We have created a submission section as well and a few participants submitted their contributions on the same page. From Telugu community three users, Nagarani Bethi, Batthini Vinay Kumar Goud, Pranayraj Vangari participated in this edit-a-thon. Nagarani created four articles, Batthini Vinay Kumar created 15 articles, Pranayraj created seven articles and User:Kasyap created two articles on Telugu Wikipedia. Meenakshi nandhini from Malayalam Wikipedia submitted her 24 articles with links on the event page. Odia Wikimedians Pritiranjan Tripathy created two articles and Sangram Keshari Senapati also created four articles on Odia Wikipedia. From the Assamese community, 6 editors participated. Pranjyoti Nath created one article, User:Nayan j Nath created two articles, User:Kuldhar Rabha created one, Ajay wrote two articles, Jonali Baruah created one and Pranamika Adhikary created one article either. One and only Gujarati Wikimedian who participated from Gujarati Wikipedia was User:Vijay Barot who created eight articles on Gujurati Wikipedia. From the Bagala community User:Anupamdutta73 created five articles and edited a few Wikidata items and User:Salil Kumar Mukherjee created one article on Bengali Wikipedia. He is also added a few descriptions on Wikidata
In this event, the Punjabi community contributed collectively. They have organised their on-ground event which was funded by CIS-A2K. They have organised their own event Women's Week 2022. The community organised the event on the same dates and days. The gathering of Wikimedians created or expanded content related to women. For these two days, community-created 103 articles and 149 articles edited from the Punjabi community 22 editors participated physically or online. They mostly edited Wikipedia, Wikisource and Wikimedia Commons. The agenda of the event, objectives, schedule, participants' names, reports and stats are here
Punjabi Wikimedian dashboard link which was created by them.
All outreach dashboard links are below
For any query related to the event please contact Nitesh (CIS-A2K) or leave a message on the event talk page.