Karavali Wikimedians/Outreach Program/Sidda Vesha
An idea is emerging to organize Text-Performance-Documentation and Reconstruction of rare Folk Performing Art, Sidda Vesha Dance at Belthangady Taluk, a small outskirt Village of major port city of Mangalore by Karavali Wiki median User group. This is one of the traditional folk art forms practiced by Sullia and Belthangady region.
- Yadhupathi Gowda, Principal, Vani PU college Belthangady
- Dr. Vishwanatha Badikana, Kannada Assistant Professor, St. Aloysius College(Autonomous), Mangaluru
- Dr. Kishore Kumar Rai Sheni, Principal, Sri Ramakrishna Pre-University College,Bunts Hostel, Mangaluru-3
Venue and date
Date: March 21, 2019
Venue:Nidvala Guttu, Puduvettu, Belthangady, D.K., Karnataka
Date: March 27, 2019 Venue:Nidvala Guttu, Puduvettu, Belthangady, D.K., Karnataka
Karavali Wikimedians User Group
- --Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 03:50, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
- --BHARATHESHA ALASANDEMAJALU (talk) 04:27, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
- --Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 12:53, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
- --Kishorekumarrai (talk) 05:58, 30 March 2019 (UTC)--Kishorekumarrai (talk) 05:58, 30 March 2019 (UTC)
21st March 2019
On 21st March 2019, we made our first visit to Nidvala Guttu, Puduvettu Village Belthangady Taluk for Text performance documentation and reconstruction of rare folk performing art Sidda Vesha. We, a group Karavali wikimedians Dr Vishvanatha Badiakana, Dr Kishore Kumar Rai Sheni, Resource Person Dr Yadupathi Gowda and Tulu PG students Bharathesha Alasandemajalu and Hardik Kiribhaga, Kirana A B along with local scholar Neeranjan and Nandakumar made audio and video recording and captured pictures of the ritual. We made discussions with the people of the place about the ritual and made record of it.
27th March 2019
On 27th March 2019, on our second visit, we covered the other important ritual associated with Siddavesha(Purusha) named Rashi Pooje and also collected vital information about it from the local residents. Some of the audio, video recordings and photographs are uploaded in the below Wikicommons category, and the remaining will be uploaded very soon.
- --BHARATHESHA ALASANDEMAJALU (talk) 16:59, 24 March 2019 (UTC)
- --Kishorekumarrai (talk) 05:59, 30 March 2019 (UTC)
- --Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 07:04, 30 March 2019 (UTC)