Kurdish Wikimedians User Group
|Founding date||2 August 2020|
- CH Wikimedia CH
- GB Wikimedia UK
- KR 위키미디어 한국
- RU Викимедиа РУ
- US-NYC Wikimedia New York City
- CAT Amical Wikimedia
- ESP-WE Wikiesfera Grupo de Usuarixs
- H-GAPS H-GAPS User Group
- MK-SK Shared Knowledge
- NGA-HA Hausa Wikimedians User Group
- NGA-IG Igbo Wikimedians User Group
- RU-Don Don Wikimedians User Group
- US-NE New England Wikimedians
- WJ WikiJournal
- WK? Whose Knowledge?
Kurdish Wikimedians User Group is a group dedicated to promoting Kurdish culture and language across the world. It is formed by active contributors of Kurdish Wikimedia projects. It aims to increase the number of quality content in Kurdish.
- Help the world to get to know more about the Kurds;
- Promote and encourage use of Kurdish on all Wikimedia projects;
- Enable all Kurdish languages and dialects on Wikimedia projects to help them preserve and flourish;
- Increase in number and quality of articles;
- Spread and promote the idea of being a Wikian among the Kurdish people through online activities and physical outreach in schools, universities, institutes, libraries and more;
- Organize and facilitate collaboration among the members of the Kurdish Wikimedia projects such as; Wiktionary and Wikipedias of Kurmanji, Sorani and Zazaki.
- To promote peace and harmony
- Regular meetings (online and in person);
- An online editing contest that will include all the Kurdish Wikipedias (Soon)
- Kurdish Photowalk — Autmn 2022
- Photowalk tours around Kurdish populated cities to contribute content to the Commons, about the historical landmarks and other important and interesting places.
Planned events & activicties
- An online workshop for medical students from University of Kurdistan Hewler (3rd November, 2020) - Done
- To use Social Media to encourage people use, edit Kurdish Wikipedias (Kurmanji, Sorani and Zazaki) and other Wikimedia projects - Done.
- Attended a Rudaw Radio program for celebrating 20th Anniversary of Wikipedia (Link Facebook - Youtube)
- A seminar about contributing Wikipedia for Salahaddin University-Erbil lecturers (25th April, 2021) - Done
- One Featured Articles per a Month - (Continuous)
- Kurdish Visibility on Wikimedia (project page coming soon)
- Video tutorials in Kurdish about using Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects (Project page coming soon)
- Translating Wikimedia related pages into Kurdish such as (Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Elections, Movement Charter/Drafting Committee/Elections and WPWP21)
- Encourage Kurdish editors to participate in global contests such as (Wiki Loves Folklore 2021, Wikipedia Asian Month 2020, WikiGap Challenge 2021, Wiki Loves Sport 2021 and WikiForHumanRights 2021) - Done
Any contributor to one of the Kurdish Wikimedia projects can become a member. If you want to join us and become a member, please contact us via email. You can find contact info in the section right below. Or click the "Joins us" button below.
On this page you can find a complete list of our volunteers.
You can connect with us in the talk page of this page, or by email to the sysops at email@example.com. We are also active on Twitter and Instagram group and page.
- Hüseyin - firstname.lastname@example.org (Primary contacts)
- Mohammed Sardar - email@example.com (Primary contacts)
Wikiferheng (Kurdish Wiktionary)
Sorani Kurdish Wikipedia
Kurmanji Kurdish Wikipedia
Affiliations Committee Resolutions
Recognition of Kurdish Wikimedians User Group