Kurdish Wikimedians User Group
|Founding date||2 August 2020|
Kurdish Wikimedians User Group is a group dedicated to promoting Kurdish culture and language across the world. It is formed by active contributors of Kurdish Wikimedia projects. It aims to increase the number of quality content in Kurdish.
- Help the world to get to know more about the Kurds;
- Promote and encourage use of Kurdish on all Wikimedia projects;
- Enable all Kurdish languages and dialects on Wikimedia projects to help them preserve and flourish;
- Increase in number and quality of articles;
- Spread and promote the idea of being a Wikian among the Kurdish people through online activities and physical outreach in schools, universities, institutes, libraries and more;
- Organize and facilitate collaboration among the members of the Kurdish Wikimedia projects such as; Wiktionary and Wikipedias of Kurmanji, Sorani and Zazaki.
- Regular meetings (online and in person);
- Kurdish Marathon – to be held February 2021
- An online editing contest that will include all the Kurdish Wikipedias.
- Kurdish Photowalk — Spring 2021
- Photowalk tours around Kurdish populated cities to contribute content to the Commons, about the historical landmarks and other important and interesting places.
- Visit Kurdish publishing houses and other media organizations — planned for Summer 2021
- Members of the Kurdish Wikimedians User Group will visit some of the most prominent publishers and media organizations that work with the Kurdish language. The goal is to find ways to collaborate to increase interest in Wikimedia platforms among the Kurdish population.
To use Social Media to encourage people use, edit Kurdish Wikipedias (Kurmanji, Sorani and Zazaki) and other Wikimedia projects - Done.
- Musa nahme
- DYARI M.SHAREEF
Any contributor to one of the Kurdish Wikimedia projects can become a member. If you want to join us and become a member, please contact us via email. You can find contact info in the section right below.
You can connect with us in the talk page of this page, or by email to the sysops at email@example.com. We are also active on Twitter and Instagram group and page.
- Hüseyin - firstname.lastname@example.org (Primary contacts)
- Mohammed Sardar - email@example.com (Primary contacts)