LSS/foundation-l-archives/2009 November 16-30
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- What is this? A summary of the topics discussed on the mailing list foundation-l, grouped roughly by topic & chronological thread.
- Time period: November 16-30, 2009
- NOTES: Each link is to the first post on that topic in the selected time period that was found. In the effort to group topics together, some threads are listed out of chronological order.
- If you want to know more please click the links to the list archives. Many discussions are very long and complex. Navigate to other posts in the threaded discussion by clicking "next" or "previous" in the archives (you must be viewing the archives in thread view for this to work). Note that sometimes threads jump around -- view the whole monthly archive by subject if you want to make sure to read every message on a topic.
- Important topics: Topics that generated a lot of discussion or that are especially important are bolded.
- Announcements: Topics that are official WMF board, staff or chapter announcements or reports are also underlined.
- P.S. list authors are not responsible for any clumsy summaries. Please edit if something is misrepresented. Suggestions? Comments? Please post at the LSS talk page.
- Announcements and reports
- Foundation, Chapters and community
- concern over minors potentially editing sexual material on wp , , 
- Proposal for the Fan History wiki project to join the WMF ; followup discussion, including how the WMF should start new projects 
- The bureaucracy around getting permissions for various materials 
- The Wall Street Journal story on the loss of volunteers in Wikipedia, and discussion ; request for clarification of data (and replies) 
- followon discussion about friendliness, the association of member's advocates, and similar 
- idea to encourage more edits: "can you tell us about" feature 
- concerns over en:wp RFB; should any editor who advocates pedophilia be banned? , 
- one person put on moderation, discussion of the new moderation policies 
- Fundraiser update 
- Translations, languages