LSS/wikiEN-l-archives/2008 12 1-15
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
- What is this? A summary of the topics discussed on the mailing list wikien-l, grouped roughly by topic & chronological thread.
- Time period: Dec. 1-15, 2008
- NOTES: Each link is to the first post on that topic in the selected time period that was found. In the effort to group topics together, some threads are listed out of chronological order.
- If you want to know more please click the links to the list archives. Many discussions are very long and complex. Navigate to other posts in the threaded discussion by clicking "next" or "previous" in the archives (you must be viewing the archives in thread view for this to work). Note that sometimes threads jump around -- view the whole monthly archive by subject if you want to make sure to read every message on a topic.
- Important topics: Topics that generated a lot of discussion or that are especially important are bolded.
- Announcements: Topics that are official WMF board, staff or chapter announcements or reports are also underlined.
- P.S. list authors are not responsible for any clumsy summaries. Please edit if something is misrepresented. Suggestions? Comments? Please post at the LSS talk page.
- Troubles with particular articles:
- Troubles with people and blocks:
- WP censored in UK by IWF
- Peer review in academic journals -- the case of El Naschie , more 
- How could <ref> referencing be improved? 
- Citation needed in popular culture, redux 
- do we have any editing help videos? 
- Fixing nonsense interwiki links, a study and technical solution 
- abolishing image placeholders, again 
- link to ANI thread about disruptive university project: 
- Mirror with weird copyright notice -- machine translation of fr:wp to en:wp 
- "Academic criticism" section in popular culture articles -- cruft or culture?  (includes a discussion of how to discuss general issues on the list ); and more: