From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
|Language committee (Status of the Karelian Wikipedia)|
|This page tracks the status of the Karelian (krl) Wikipedia request. It is unofficial, and does not necessarily predict committee decisions. This page was last updated 20 December 2008; you can request an update on Talk:Language committee.|
The following criteria for final approval must be met before the wiki can be created. Criteria that are crossed out with a black box have been satisfied.
- Criteria for eligibility
- check that the project does not already exist (see list).
- obtain an ISO 639 code (krl).
- ensure the requested language is sufficiently unique that it could not exist on a more general wiki.
- ensure that there are a sufficient number of native editors of that language to merit an edition in that language. (For constructed languages, there must be sufficient recognition as determined by discussion.)
- Criteria for final approval
- develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, recent translations):
- Approval process
- verify test project content with a reliable neutral source, such as a professor or expert.
- approval by the committee.
- notify Board of Trustees for possible veto.
- final approval.
- Request page
- Test project
- code lookup
- same-language requests:
Wikibooks| Wikinews| Wikipedia | Wikiquote| Wikisource| Wiktionary| Wikiversity
- debug: botanalysis