Learning and Evaluation/Archive/Share Space/Overview Logic Model/Image upload competitions: Wiki Takes/Wiki Loves
This page is under construction.
Please help review and edit this page.
In the logic model tables you will find within each of the program logic model links you will also find a number, or question mark within parentheses next to each logic model/theory of change component listed. The number refers to the mean (numeric average) rating of the perceived difficulty in measuring that component in cases where you were able to rate those with sticky dots in Budapest. The Numeric scale is: 1 = Relatively Easy - you would likely be ready to move forward with a strategy 2 = Somewhat Difficult - you may need help devising a strategy if you wanted to capture/measure the component 3 = Difficult – you find the component tricky to measure and would definitely need assisted devising a strategy if you wanted to capture/measure the component
Program Name: Photo Upload Competitions: Wiki Loves Monuments/WikiTakes/WikiExpeditions
Theory of Change Vision: Photo Upload Competitions (e.g., Wiki Loves Monuments, WikiTakes, WikiExpeditions) will recruit and support contributors through events to develop content variety and quality images within Commons to support expansion of content across the Wikipedia.
Theory of change has several components: In general it is believed that photo upload competitions:
- Grow Wikimedia coverage of quality content by topic and region/country [Content, Diversity, and Quality]
- Produce more available free license content photos in general, and for use in Wikipedia articles [Content]
- Increase awareness of free content and the free knowledge movement [Reach]
- Make contributing fun (i.e., travel, support to travel, in-person engagement of existing contributors, shared experiences) [Participation]
- Create tools to make it easier to increase quality and usability (i.e., Maps, markers, geolocalization) [Quality and Ease of Use]
- Increase knowledge about a country and it’s regions [Content]
- Create an entry for new contributors (i.e., recruitment) [Participation]
- Access larger populations for feedback (i.e., learning community interests and needs) [Reach and Diversity]
- Test our organizational capacity (i.e., How well can we pull it off) [Unique Impact]
- Increase photo-taking skills [Quality]
- Meet urgent need for photos of monuments before they are gone [Content and something also unique here]
- Share equipment and resources (i.e., cameras, transportation, security with others) [Participation and Access]
- Gain cooperation from companies to give equipment support through popularity – increase programming inputs [Sustainability/Self-perpetuating program support]
- Increase diversity and represent other points of view/perspectives beyond common contributors (i.e., women and underrepresented groups) [Diversity and Content]
|Inputs||Participants||Activities||Direct Products||Short Term Outcomes||Medium Term Outcomes||Long_Term_Outcomes|