Learning and Evaluation/News/Learning Days for Wikimedia Conference 2017/Education session
At the initiative of WMAR and WMIL chapters, with the support of the Wikipedia Education Program, a new track has been added to the Learning Days, providing space to meet and discuss Education Programs and their impact within the movement.
Outputs of the session
Presentation of the Education programs:
Mindmap with notes from the education in strategy discussion:
Goals of the Education Session
The education session at WMCON emerged as a need to generate- above all- a network of cooperation between the different education programs around the Wikimedia movement.
Specifically, its main objectives are:
- Building a network between Affiliates that have education programs
- Discuss shared successes and challenges around education programs
- Discuss regarding the education programs and their importance within the strategy of the movement
These objectives will be worked through the following questions:
- What are possible future evolution of education programs?
- How do education programs fit in the strategy?
- How do they contribute to growth of the Wikimedia movement?
- How can Education Programs enable the participation of the next generation of editors?
Date and time
The Education Session will be held on Thursday, March 30, 2017, from 14:00 to 18:00. This is the day before WikiCon17 Berlin begins.
The event will include a coffee break.
The program that is proposed for the event is as follows:
|Introductions and networking
|Successes in Education Programs||15 minutes|
|Challenges in Education programs||30 minutes|
|Education in the Movement Strategy||90 minutes|
Please register your interest in participating in the Education Session by signing below:
- VMasrour (WMF) (talk) 18:01, 23 February 2017 (UTC)
- Michal Lester (WMIL) לסטר (talk) 14:39, 25 February 2017 (UTC)
- Gabriela Boková (WMCZ) (talk) 09:48, 2 March 2017 (UTC)
- --Frank Schulenburg (talk) 22:23, 2 March 2017 (UTC)
tentative) Netha Hussain (talk) 09:40, 3 March 2017 (UTC)(My flight arrives in Berlin only at 4:20 pm)
- --Anna Torres (WMAR) (talk) 13:56, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
- Jorid Martinsen (WMNO) (talk) 16:42, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
- Sara Mörtsell (WMSE) (talk) 15:56, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
- Martha Gómez (WMEX) (talk)
- FiliP ██ 16:57, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
- --Kippelboy (talk) 21:38, 7 March 2017 (UTC) (Amical Wikimedia)
- Magioladitis (talk) 22:58, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
- Shani Evenstein 07:34, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
- Christina Rupprecht (WMDE) (talk) 14:35, 9 March 2017 (UTC)
- Christopher Schwarzkopf (WMDE) ([[User talk:Christopher Schwarzkopf (WMDE)|talk]
- (tentative) Liang(WMTW) (talk) 22:40, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- NSaad (WMF) (talk) 16:59, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
- SusikMkr (talk) 19:31, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
- ArturKhalatyan (talk) 07:11, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
- Ilario (talk) 21:22, 25 March 2017 (UTC)
- Fuzheado (talk) 21:59, 27 March 2017 (UTC)
- Marike (talk) Marikevanroon20 (talk) 05:55, 30 March 2017 (UTC)
Besides adding yourself to this list of participants, please add your presentation of your Education Program in this presentation.]]