Learning patterns/How to choose patients for an editing teaching course
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A learning pattern forEducation
created on6 July, 2018
What problem does this solve?
You want to work with psychiatric patients. Rehabilitation of the mentally ill is a huge challenge. You need to select patients for your course.
What is the solution?
- Do not work with acute patients.
- Do not work with patients with paranoia.
- Select day hospital patients or in ambulatory treatment, if they are hospitalized inpatients do not work with acute patients.
Things to consider
- After the referral, conduct individual interviews to select them before you initiate the course.
- Choose a small number of patients, no more than four people, you can not work in large groups.
- Make frequent meetings with their therapists and listen to their advice. They know what is better for the patient.
When to use
When you you are interested in teaching editing Wikimedia projects to mental health patients.
- Working with psychiatric patients in an editing workshop
- How to avoid abandoning the course when your students have intellectual or mental disabilities
- Wikimedia young projects in therapy settings with psychiatric patients
- Creation of an editing workshop or course with patients in an institution
- How to write a report when working with mental health patients