The Legal Team
Wikipedia and many other Wikimedia projects are hosted and operated by the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. The Legal Team, serving under General Counsel Amanda Keton, oversee all legal matters for the Foundation and focus on key initiatives to help support the community consistent with our Foundation goals and values. We deal with a wide range of issues and projects, including policy drafting, trademark and copyright law, international law, employment law, litigation, fundraising and grant law, domestic and international contracts, privacy law, ethics, internet law, and non-profit corporate governance.
Note: For legal ethical reasons we unfortunately can only represent the Wikimedia Foundation and cannot be the attorney for the community or movement organizations, though the legal team often provides strong support to the community in many ways consistent with Wikimedia Foundation goals.
Community Resilience & Sustainability
Community Resilience and Sustainability is a wing of the Wikimedia Foundation's Legal department, led by the Vice President of Community Resilience & Sustainability Maggie Dennis. It currently consists of only the Trust and Safety team, but is intended to be expanded to include management of Crisis Response, as well as diversity, equity and inclusion strategy.
اتصالات بريد مؤسسة ويكيميديا
|email@example.com||مخصص للمسائل القانونية والتهديدات من الغير.|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||مخصص لتصاريح العلامات التجارية والاستفسارات المتعلقة بالتراخيص.|
|email@example.com||مخصص للإبلاغ عن أي خرق للعلامات التجارية.|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||مخصص للتهديدات باستخدام العنف مع الأشخاص والممتلكات (يشمل ذلك التهديد بالانتحار والتهديدات الإرهابية).|
|email@example.com||مخصص للإبلاغ عن المحتوى غير القانوني المتعلق بالقاصرين.|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||مخصص للإبلاغ عن أمور الإفصاح عن المعلومات غير العامة للغير.|
|email@example.com||مخصص لمسائل عامة تتعلق بمؤسسة ويكيميديا وموظفيها.|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||مخصص للمسائل العامة المتعلقة بالمحتوى الموجود على ويكيبيديا أو استخدام ويكيبيديا والمشروعات الأخرى.|
إخلاء مسؤولية: رسائل البريد الإلكتروني المرسلة إلى email@example.com يراجعها ويرد عليها متطوعين من مجتمع المستخدمين التابع لنا. يرجى تفهم أن مؤسسة ويكيميديا لا يمكنها أن تضمن معاملة أي معلومات حساسة تذكرها في رسالتك بمستوى السرية الملائم.
قرارات مجلس مؤسسة ويكيمديا
For a complete list of resolutions by the WMF Board of Trustees, see here.
|شروط الاستخدام||This document informs readers and users of what WMF provides through its various projects, and the rights and responsibilities that are involved.|
|سياسة الخصوصية||This policy governs WMF’s handling of personally identifiable information collected by WMF on its servers in relation to the projects and their communities.|
|سياسة الخصوصية للمتبرعين||This policy guides the handling of WMF donors' personal information.|
|السياسات القانونية||These are the policies that guide the Office of the General Counsel at the Wikimedia Foundation, addressing a wide range of topics, including applicable law, responsibility for edits, DMCA takedowns, trade secrets, child pornography, fair use, harassment, subpoenas, and trademark licensing.|
|سياسة DMCA||This document lays out the official WMF policy for dealing with reports of copyright infringement for content hosted on WMF servers as required under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).|
|Legal Fees Assistance Program||This policy outlines the scope of the Legal Fees Assistance Program, which is intended to assist qualifying Wikimedia community members who donate time and effort to any Wikimedia site or project in a support role.|
|سياسة أفعال المكتب||This policy governs official changes made to content done under the authority of the Wikimedia Foundation, by members of the Foundation's office. These are removals of questionable or illegal Wikimedia content following complaints.|
|سياسة العلامة التجارية||This document outlines WMF's policy regarding the use of the WMF trademarks.|
|إرشادات الهوية المرئية||These guidelines contain specific requirements and restrictions regarding how WMF marks may be displayed.|
|الإرشادات عن تضاربات المصالح المحتملة||These guidelines are to be considered by anyone requesting resources belonging to the Wikimedia movement, and are intended to encourage the full disclosure of personal and financial interests that may be in conflict with such requests.|
|Policy and Political Association Guidelines||This is an internal guideline that clarifies when and how WMF associates itself publicly on policy and political issues.|
|Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Policy||This policy prohibits WMF and its employees, contractors and others acting on behalf of WMF from making unlawful corrupt payments or bribes to U.S. or foreign officials.|
|Conflict of interest guide for Wikimedia movement organizations||This guide provides movement organizations with a guide on how to identify and manage conflicts of interests within their organization.|
- For a more complete list of WMF policies, see the Policies page.
المحتوى غير الحر
For local policies on the status of non-free content on Wikimedia projects, see the non-free content page.
تحديثات من القانون
Below are some spaces that Legal may update with announcements or preliminary discussions on legal issues.
- Subscribe to the Wikimedia Public Policy mailing list for updates on legal actions, as well as other legal and public policy discussions.
- Wikimedia Blog posts categorized under "Legal" deliver important announcements to the community on new Legal initiatives, legal rulings involving Wikimedians around the world, and other legal or governance issues that may be of interest to the Wikimedia community.
- Wikilegal includes preliminary ideas and research notes on potential legal issues that may be relevant to the Wikimedia community’s mission to share free knowledge. Wikilegal is a stub to encourage community input and improvements.
- Quarterly review documentation: October 2016
Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Compliance
- The Wikimedia Foundation wants to ensure that the content that we host can be re-used by other users without fear of liability and that it is not infringing the proprietary rights of others. In fairness to our users, as well as to other creators and copyright holders, our policy is to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the formalities of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Pursuant to the DMCA, we will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, users and account holders of our system and network who are repeat infringers.
- However, we also recognize that not every takedown notice is valid or in good faith. In such cases, we strongly encourage users to file counter-notifications when they appropriately believe a DMCA takedown demand is invalid or improper. For more information on what to do if you think a DMCA notice has been improperly filed, you may wish to consult the Chilling Effects website.
- If you are the owner of content that is being improperly used on one of the Projects without your permission, you may request that the content be removed under the DMCA. To make such a request, please email us at legalwikimedia.org or snail mail our designated agent at this address.
- Alternatively, you may make a request to our community, which often handles copyright issues faster and more effectively than prescribed under the DMCA. In that case, you can post a notice explaining your copyright concerns. For a non-exhaustive and non-authoritative list of the relevant processes for the different Project editions, look here. Before filing a DMCA claim, you also have the option of sending an email to the community at infowikimedia.org.
وسيط قانوني مسجل
- Wikimedia Foundation
- c/o CT Corporation System
- 818 West Seventh Street
- Los Angeles, California 90017