Levant-Greece Cultural Exchange Program
Levant- Greece Cultural Exchange Program is a content exchange program between Wikimedians of Levant and Greece Community. It is a part of the content exchange program between Arabic/English speakers and English/Greece speakers. The idea of this exchange program came from a collaborative discussion on November 2020. With this program, wikipedians from both communities will exchange the most important articles from their respective languages and translate them in their own as a token of friendship. This will contribute in reducing the cultural as well as content gap and strengthen the bond between Levantine and Greek communities. Please note that Wikimedians of Levant will translate from English to Arabic (Greek Content) and Greek Wikimedians will translate from English to Greek (Arabic Content) to express Arabic culture in Greek language.
- User:براء (Wikimedia Levant)
- User:Saintfevrier (Greece community)
Note to the participants
- The article must be newly created by you between December 1, 2020 0:00 and December 31, 2020 23:59 (UTC).
- Articles must be fully translated or should be at least 3,000 bytes and 300 words in length (excluding infobox, template etc.). If you find the article to be smaller that 3,000 bytes and 300 words, just translate the full article.
- The tool will show you whether the article is at least 3,000 bytes and 300 words in length or not.
- Add your username in the Translated by section, besides the article which you want to translate. Don't select more that 3 articles at a time.
- The article must not be machine translated.
- the list is indicative, and that anyone can add their own article to the list, as long as it's about Greece (for Arab contributors) or about Levant region (for Greek contributors)
- Articles will be checked by the organizers and get accepted or commented in the status section.
- Don't create stubs.
- If you have any problem, you can write in Discussion page.
We will put together a package of Greek goodies for the winner of the Greek->Arabic article list and a package of Arabian goodies for the winner of the Levant->Greece article list.
|Serial||Article's category in English|
|3||Places of interest|
List by Wikimedia Levant
List by Greece community
If you are interested in this cultural exchange program, feel free to add your name here.
- Aseel zm
- C messier
- Nanour Garabedian
- عرين أسد أبو رمان
- Feras Essa
- Leen Karajeh
- Urjuwan Najjar
- رؤى شاهين
- جنى ياسر الهيموني
- عمر همام
- سامي الجعبري
- لجين دنديس
- The Number of participants: 22
- the number of Articles created: 71 from Wikimedia levant side and 30 from the Greek community
- Aya M Karaky
- Baraa zighan
- Aseel Zama'reh
- Leen Karajeh
- Jana Himoni