As part of ongoing work to make open source, transparent, human-centered machine learning, the Wikimedia Foundation is seeking to create on-wiki model cards for every model hosted on WMF servers.
Model cards were originally proposed in Mitchell et. al 2018 to be the primary documentation about a model. They report on the reasons why a model was made, proper and improper use cases, and model evaluation scores, especially for marginalized groups.
Model cards are also the main point of community governance for WMF-hosted machine learning models. The goal is to create an on-wiki space (on the talk page of each model card) where the individuals can discuss and make decisions about the machine learning models that help govern their communities.
ORES data, models, and model training performances are available in the ores-data repository on Gitlab.
What is this page?
This is a homepage that lists all proposed, production, and deprecated (no longer used) machine learning model cards for models that are hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation.
Articles that are sub-pages of this page serve as centralized, comprehensive, high-level summaries of models. Their talk pages are hubs for conversation about models.
These models are currently in production and serving predictions to various services across WMF.
|ORES model cards|
All model cards
- Albanian Wikipedia damaging edit
- Albanian Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Arabic Wikipedia article topic
- Arabic Wikipedia damaging edit
- Arabic Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Armenian Wikipedia article topic
- Basque Wikipedia article quality
- Basque Wikipedia article topic
- Bosnian Wikipedia damaging edit
- Bosnian Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Catalan Wikipedia damaging edit
- Catalan Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Chinese Wikipedia damaging edit
- Chinese Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Czech Wikipedia article topic
- Czech Wikipedia damaging edit
- Czech Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Dutch Wikipedia article quality
- Dutch Wikipedia damaging edit
- Dutch Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- English Wikipedia article quality
- English Wikipedia article topic
- English Wikipedia damaging edit
- English Wikipedia draft topic
- English Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Estonian Wikipedia damaging edit
- Estonian Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Finnish Wikipedia damaging edit
- Finnish Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- French Wikipedia article quality
- French Wikipedia damaging edit
- French Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Galician Wikipedia article quality
- German Wikipedia damaging edit
- German Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Hebrew Wikipedia damaging edit
- Hebrew Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Hindi Wikipedia damaging edit
- Hindi Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Hungarian Wikipedia article topic
- Hungarian Wikipedia damaging edit
- Hungarian Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Italian Wikipedia damaging edit
- Italian Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Japanese Wikipedia damaging edit
- Japanese Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Korean Wikipedia article topic
- Korean Wikipedia damaging edit
- Korean Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Language agnostic link-based article topic
- Latvian Wikipedia damaging edit
- Latvian Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Norwegian Wikipedia damaging edit
- Norwegian Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Persian Wikipedia article quality
- Persian Wikipedia damaging edit
- Persian Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Polish Wikipedia damaging edit
- Polish Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Portuguese Wikipedia article quality
- Portuguese Wikipedia damaging edit
- Portuguese Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Romanian Wikipedia damaging edit
- Romanian Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Russian Wikipedia article quality
- Russian Wikipedia damaging edit
- Russian Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Serbian Wikipedia article topic
- Serbian Wikipedia damaging edit
- Serbian Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Spanish Wikibooks damaging edit
- Spanish Wikibooks goodfaith edit
- Spanish Wikipedia damaging edit
- Spanish Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Spanish Wikiquote damaging edit
- Spanish Wikiquote goodfaith edit
- Swedish Wikipedia article quality
- Swedish Wikipedia damaging edit
- Swedish Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Turkish Wikipedia article quality
- Turkish Wikipedia damaging edit
- Turkish Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Ukrainian Wikipedia article quality
- Ukrainian Wikipedia article topic
- Ukrainian Wikipedia damaging edit
- Ukrainian Wikipedia goodfaith edit
- Vietnamese Wikipedia article topic
- Wikidata damaging edit
- Wikidata goodfaith edit
- Wikidata item quality
- Wikidata item topic
These models have not yet been put into production but have been proposed by ML contributors.
These models were previously in production, but have since been deprecated.
Planned model cards
Revscoring models (migrated from ORES)
|Model Type||Model Name|
|reverted||bnwiki-reverted, elwiki-reverted, enwiktionary-reverted, glwiki-reverted, hrwiki-reverted, idwiki-reverted, iswiki-reverted, tawiki-reverted, viwiki-reverted|
|Model Name||Model Class|
Create a model card
The input box below provides a shortcut to creating a model card with the required formatting by preloading Machine learning models/Model card template.
For a more permanent version of the model card template that can live outside the wikitext editor, you can make a copy of this Google doc.
Once you are done editing your model card, please reach out to the WMF Machine Learning team for next steps on getting your model into production.
Note: In order to properly follow the prompts in this template, you will need to edit using raw wikitext, not Visual Editor.