Main page ideas
To refine the main page of meta. (it might not need anything, but it feels a bit awkward, so we can investigate)
See also Main page refactor
(it's pretty good now, but wikimedia is a first or second rate website, and it's getting more and more popular, so there is no reason to try to figure out how to make it better, it gets used a lot.... it's good, but it is used so much that better will be a good return.
This also deals with the core layout of the wikimedia foundation, as websites reflect the organization of a group.
- language starting points
- meta utilities
- Meta utilities goes with collaboration
- the software facilitiates collaboration
- foundation is a structure for collaboration
- language starting points allow for cross language collaboration
- moderators may need to act quick even though they don't know the language
- software doesn't cover everything, so conventions must be made, called utilities
- the foundation gains new members through some of the utilities
- the collaboration is facilitated by utilities
- The langauges are supported by the software
- the utilities cover shortcommings in the software
- the foundation produces the software
- the collaboration is done through the software
(I'm running out of my alloted time to wiki today, note, it is possible to have mutliple starting points that are focused on different things.