|Oxford 46||22 January|
|London 115||12 February|
|Cambridge 33||18 February|
|London 114||8 January|
|Kathmandu 1||17 December|
|Mahidol University 8||15 December|
|Rajbiraj 7||2 December|
|Oxford 45||20 November|
|Tacloban 5||18 November|
|Cambridge 32||5 November|
|East London 8||25 October|
|Manchester 33||8 October|
|Perth 31||18 September|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Edinburgh Wikimedia Meetup Number 4
Date and time: Sunday 27 October, 2013 1.00 pm onwards
Location: The Malt Shovel Inn, 11-15 Cockburn St, Edinburgh, EH1 1BP
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our fourth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any Glasgow Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Will definitely be there! ACrockford (talk) 15:59, 10 September 2013 (UTC)
- I'll be there! Lee Bunce (talk) 08:17, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
- Aye! --Brian McNeil / talk 09:47, 15 September 2013 (UTC)
- Me too! Gill Hamilton
- Yip. I'll be there --Graeme Arnott (talk) 11:51, 19 October 2013 (UTC)
May be attending
- Katie Chan (WMUK) (talk) 11:53, 12 September 2013 (UTC)
Adam Cuerden (talk) 21:56, 24 September 2013 (UTC)Sorry, I'm needed for The Sorcerer rehearsals. Adam Cuerden (talk) 00:07, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
- RoslinGenetics (talk) 00:26, 24 October 2013 (UTC)
- AlasdairW (talk) 20:44, 24 October 2013 (UTC)
- SylviaStanley (talk) SylviaStanley (talk) 08:37, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
- Tim bates (talk) 10:44, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
The meetup will be an informal gathering with no formal agenda, but please feel free to add any topics that you'd like to raise for discussion, e.g.:
- Training information exchange to encourage Wikimedians in Scotland to become trainers
- GLAMWiki in Scotland
- Open Knowledge debate at Edinburgh University?
- Upcoming edit-a-thons at the NLS (Reading Room Lock-in, Backstage pass event)
- Edinburgh Fringe 2014
About the meetup
This is intended to include any interested Wikimedians who find themselves in Edinburgh or can make their way to Edinburgh on the day. Anyone who has attended previous meetups in Glasgow or Edinburgh encouraged to return to meet new faces! It will be a social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invitation to anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer. Alcohol consumption is optional.
The Malt Shovel Inn is mere minutes away from Edinburgh's Waverley station, which we hope will make this meet up more accessible for those who might wish to join from outside of Edinburgh. It serves food and drink from 12:30 on Sundays, and offers wifi. We will probably be booking a table to ensure we get a seat on the day but will need to call if the booking is for more than 8 people, so please do add your name if you hope to attend!
The Malt Shovel is located at 11-15 Cockburn St. Their website has an embedded map which will provide directions for both walking and driving.
We will most likely be buried in laptops, tablets, smartphones, and any other portable internet-accessible devices there might be. User:ACrockford will probably be wearing a Wikimedia UK shirt and there will likely be some other Wikimedia/Wikipedia logos about. Plus we will have booked the table so if you happen to be a bit early or a lot late you should be able to ask.