Punjabi Community Meetup 14 March 2015
Second Meetup of Punjabi Wiki Community was organized on 14 March 2014 with the total number of participants being 20. 8 of them being Women. 2 out of 4 sysops of Punjabi Wikipedia, Satdeep Gill and Charan Gill, were also present in the meetup.
- User:Satdeep Gill
- pa:User:Charan Gill
- pa:User:Gaurav Jhammat
- pa:User:Param Munde
- pa:User:ਅਰਪਿਤ ਚਾਵਲਾ
- pa:User:Bhupinder Khokhar
- pa:User:ਗੁਰਲਾਲ ਮਾਨ
- pa:User:Balram Bodhi
- pa:User:Keshav Sharma
- pa:User:ਸੁਰਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ
- pa:User:Jaswant Jass
- pa:User:Raavi Sandhu
- pa:User:Navneet Chauhan93
- pa:User:Amanpreet chauhan
- It was decided that there should be a collaboration between Gurmukhi and Shahmukhi Wikipedias.
- Whether to address people in singular number or plural number was also discussed. Dr. Surjit Singh told everyone that according to Punjabi Tradition we should use singular number. For example we don't say "ਬੁੱਧ ਜੀ ਕਹਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ" but we say "ਬੁੱਧ ਕਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ".
- After his recent participation in TTT2015 Gaurav Jhammat talked about his experiences and told everyone that Punjabi Community should learn from other communities and start working on other wiki projects as well. He also emphasized on the need of GLAM events. He also talked about how trends can be useful in getting more people to pa.wiki.
- Some basic problems of Punjabi typing were also talked about.
- Jaswant Baljot said that there should be special efforts to inform more and more people about Punjabi Wikipedia at the grass-root level.
- Many Users demanded that a workshop should be conducted to teach them all the basics of wiki editing.
4 new accounts were created by the participants of the meeting and 2 out of them have already started contributing.