|London 193||11 June|
|Oxford 89||21 May|
|London 192||14 May|
|UK virtual 18||26 April|
|Portsmouth 3||23 April|
|Meetups at ESEAP Conference 2022||18-20 November|
|WikiConference North America||11-13 November|
|Wikimania in-person events||11–14 August|
|Perth 73||23 July|
|Hong Kong 129 (WikiCafe HK #1)||19 December|
|List of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
UK virtual Wikimedia Meetup 17
Date and time: Wednesday 29 March 2023 19:30—22:00
Join at any time you can, no need to stay for the whole event.
We will use Zoom video chat, the link is below. the wub will host.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians, and complete newbies are also welcome, as is anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. We typically chat about goings-on in the Wiki-verse and life in general, and sometimes will work together on some editing. If you have suggestions for topics, please add them below.
Note that we're using video conferencing, but there's no obligation to have your camera on if you prefer not to show your face. Or indeed your microphone: some people do just come along and listen in.
Feel free to join from anywhere you may be, in the UK or elsewhere! And please invite any Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) who might be interested – spread the word!
The zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84805566882?pwd=aGRmZTN5UTNmdmVuWnNOSk11L2ZsZz09
And if using the app: Meeting ID: 848 0556 6882 Passcode: 592828
- I'd like to introduce the following at 20:30 (BST/local) if thats ok. -- DeirgeDel tac 07:24, 27 March 2023 (UTC)
- w:en:controlled Digital Lending, the w:Internet Archive and the publishers' copyright lawsuit. -- DeirgeDel ta*c 06:32, 21 March 2023 (UTC)
- How q:en:Gary Lineker probably helped save q:en:The Biggest Little Railway in the World and did "the Germans always win"? -- DeirgeDel tac 06:47, 21 March 2023 (UTC)
- How tall is w:Marcus Rashford? -- DeirgeDel tac 06:47, 21 March 2023 (UTC)
- Operation Chiffon. (claims and sources) -- DeirgeDel tac 07:24, 27 March 2023 (UTC)
- The clock change reminded me of a question: is William Willett, the driving force behind British Summer Time, really the great-great-grandfather of Coldplay singer Chris Martin as our article asserts? This fact has been endlessly repeated, but I'm worried that it could be a case of citogenesis. Any help in researching would be appreciated! the wub "?!" 09:40, 29 March 2023 (UTC)
Add your name to the list by adding an asterisk and four tildes like this:
- Obviously :) the wub "?!" 21:39, 4 March 2023 (UTC)
Probably PamD (talk) 17:37, 12 March 2023 (UTC)
- Should be. Johnbod (talk) 16:47, 13 March 2023 (UTC)
- Probably. -- (formerly Djm-leighpark) -- DeirgeDel tac 06:34, 21 March 2023 (UTC)
- If I can. Rich Farmbrough 18:10 22 March 2023 (GMT).
- JTs (talk) 18:54, 23 March 2023 (UTC)
May be attending
- Might try to join if real life doesn't get in the way. MIDI (talk) 12:02, 12 March 2023 (UTC)
- Real life is probably too busy, but will try. Femke (talk) 17:12, 17 March 2023 (UTC)
- Possibly. Mike Peel (talk) 21:43, 21 March 2023 (UTC)
- Dreamy Jazz talk to me | enwiki 12:34, 22 March 2023 (UTC)
- Never can tell. Andrew D. (talk) 15:10, 28 March 2023 (UTC)
- Will try. MeegsC (talk) 17:25, 28 March 2023 (UTC)
Interested but not attending
- Am busy that evening, maybe next time (or should see some people in person in London). Joseph2302 (talk) 12:09, 21 March 2023 (UTC)
- Sorry, local history soc talk + AGM. But please continue to have the occasional online meetups, for those of us who live out in the sticks! PamD (talk) 09:56, 26 March 2023 (UTC)