Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat
|←Requests and proposals||Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat||Archives (current)→|
administrator or bureaucrat for some particular task, it is not always easy to find one. This page helps users find one when they need one; asking specific admins directly via their talk pages is one way to elicit a fast response.
Meta-Wiki has a small active community. When a normal user requires the assistance of an |
- 1 22.214.171.124
- 2 Remove my rights
- 3 Wikimedia Argentina/Planificación Estratégica 2016-2018
- 4 Rv request
- 5 Forgot password, no email, requesting account access
- 6 Request for CentralNotice banner
- 7 Request for MassMessage sender permission
- 8 Request for CentralNotice banner
- 9 Archives (वर्तमान)
- 10 Edit filter error 29-08-2015
Remove my rights
Hi, can you please semi-protect Wikimedia Argentina/Planificación Estratégica 2016-2018? Matiia (talk) 01:32, 21 August 2015 (UTC)
Forgot password, no email, requesting account access
Hello. User:Ejecutivo did not give an email when registering his account. He has forgotten his password and asked me if there is a way that he can have account access. Is it possible for someone to assign an email address to his account, then send him a password reset?
I wanted to ask because he has made some contributions to Commons which ought to be associated with an organization, the en:Vallarta Botanical Gardens. In the Commons description of this file, he self identified as "Neil Gerlowski", and on that organization's website "Neil Gerlowski" is listed as executive director. I also met Neil in person to discuss a partnership between Wikimedia projects and the Vallarta Botanical Gardens.
I see no where in Meta or English Wikipedia any answer - yes or no - to the question of whether account resets can be done when there is evidence to confirm someone's identity. Here is relevant discussion.
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2007-05-14/Committed identity
- en:Wikipedia:User account security
Is there a process for confirming identity and granting account access? User:Ejecutivo, whom I met in person and is Neil Gerlowski, would like his password assigned as firstname.lastname@example.org (the organization's official website) and have a password reset there. Is this possible? Blue Rasberry (talk) 22:13, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
- File a task on phabricator or hop on to #wikimedia-tech on IRC and ask for a sysadmin. If you can convince a sysadmin and if someone is willing to do it, it can be done. I'm not sure whether there's written policy on it but I remember that it has happened once or twice before. --Glaisher (talk) 12:24, 23 August 2015 (UTC)
- For the record there is a kinda policy on Wikitech but it's a bit looser. The biggest thing is that whomever is doing it needs to be confidant that they are the same person which is sometimes a bit more art then science. In my staff capacity I've done it occasionally but anyone with shell access can do so if they're comfortable (they should log it in the sysadmin log). Jamesofur (talk) 03:30, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
Hi all! I would some help to create a CentralNotice banner for this event https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Encuentros/Editatón_Centro_Cultural_de_España planned by Wikimedia Argentina in Buenos Aires, next September 5th.
We want one campaigns:
- Campaign 1:
- from august 29th to september 4th, 2015.
- logged-in and anonymous users.
- only in Argentina, only in Spanish projects.
- text1: ¡Vení a editar con nosotros en el Centro Cultural de España!
- text2: Te esperamos este 5 de septiembre de 10 a 14 hs. en Florida 943.
Request for MassMessage sender permission
Hi. I'm working with Johan on Tech/News, mostly as his back-up for vacations/etc. I'd like to request MassMessage sender permission, for the rare occasions when I'll need to step in. I'm familiar with how the extension works, and will be specifically learning (via screenshare) how Johan uses it for this widely-delivered newsletter, over the next few weeks. Thanks. Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 17:40, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
- Flag is assigned. --Vogone (talk) 17:47, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
Hi all! I would some help to create a CentralNotice banner for this challenge https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikiconcurso/Desafíos_de_edición_WMAR planned by Iberocoop
We want one campaigns:
Campaign 1: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikiconcurso/Desafíos_de_edición_WMAR from september 5th to september 30th, 2015. logged-in and anonymous users. In Spanish projects. text1: ¡Desafío Wikipedia de septiembre! Traducí de inglés a español la biografía de personalidades que murieron en el 2015. --Giselle Bordoy WMAR (talk) 20:25, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
In the top bar of Meta:Requests for deletion, using German interface, there appears the thing mentioned in the title in the place where on all other pages there is "Archives (current)". I am currently clueless about where to fix this translation resp. make the fallback to Hindhi(?) disappear. --MF-W 22:18, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
Edit filter error 29-08-2015
I received this warning when posting an edit request to Talk:Don't be a jerk:
Warning: This action has been automatically identified as harmful. Unconstructive edits will be quickly reverted, and may result in your account or IP address being blocked from editing. If this action is constructive, you may submit it again, and report this error. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
So I’m reporting it here, where the “report this error” link took me. —126.96.36.199 06:03, 29 August 2015 (UTC)