Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat
|←Requests and proposals||Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat (at Meta-wiki only)||Archives (current)→|
|administrator or bureaucrat for some particular task, it is not always easy to find one. This page helps users find one when they need one; asking specific admins directly via their talk pages is one way to elicit a fast response. It is only for assistance required at Meta-wiki, help for other wikis needs to be requested at those wikis.
Meta-Wiki has a small active community. When a normal user requires the assistance of an |
|SpBot archives all sections tagged with |
Banners of a CentralNotice are shown after the content of the page is already visible. If you try to click on a link or in the search box and the banner is shown at the same moment, you unintentionally click the banner and you are directed somewhere you didn't mean to go. If you are already reading an article, the newly loaded banner shifts the content further down and you lose the focus of where you are reading.
Possible solutions to avoid this undesirable behaviour:
- load banner at the same time as the content
- reserve space for the banner when the page is rendered and show it when it's ready
- show banner at the end of the page (such that the content doesn't move when it's shown)
- The better place is Wikimedia forum. Ruslik (talk) 19:43, 13 October 2020 (UTC)
- @KeinGuterNameMehrFrei: I think the bug report in phab:T52865 describes your issue - if so you may follow up on it there. — xaosflux Talk 02:18, 14 October 2020 (UTC)
Czech Wiki Photo 2020 - addressing of Commons users
Hi, we (Wikimedia Czech republic) are now organizing the "Czech Wiki Photo 2020" contest and we´d like to address as many Czech users of Wikimedia Commons as possible to join this event with their photographs. The contest itself is a promotion of Wikimedia Commons for newcomers and something like "thank you" for already active users.
Our aim is to send one meassage on talk pages of cs.wiki users (who simultaneously recorded at least 50 editations on Wikimedia Commons in the last year) which would state: "hi, join our contest". Just preparing the list of users. I suppose we need the right to send such a number of messages. Thanks! --Jakub Holzer (WMCZ) (talk) 21:34, 15 October 2020 (UTC)
- This seems to be a request for mass message sender permission. --Martin Urbanec (talk) 21:52, 15 October 2020 (UTC)
- Wouldn't it be better to look to a Central Notice? Sending a message to users on all wikis without their invitation is not something that would be encouraged. If you are just talking about a specific wiki, then please ask at that wiki as each wiki has the ability for local mass messaging, so I suggest that you talk to Commons administrators at c:Com:AN. — billinghurst sDrewth 22:20, 15 October 2020 (UTC)
- And if this is a mass message for only cswiki, any of their 34 admins can send it locally. — xaosflux Talk 12:40, 19 October 2020 (UTC)
Hola Estoy intentando ayudar a la creación del artículo [Alexandra Vicencio], por lo cual agregué muchos links a una de estas páginas y me aparece esto:
Warning! — Your edit has been automatically identified as being spam or advertising. Please note that such edits are not allowed on any Wikimedia project. Users that engage in such behaviour will have their editing privileges removed. If you believe that the edit you wanted to make was constructive, we sincerely apologize. You may click the Submit button again to confirm it. A brief description of the rule which your action matched is: «Antispam». Feel free to report false positives to our administrators' noticeboard.
- Hola Azu9707! Son dos problemas aqui. En Meta-Wiki, usarios nuevos no pueden poner enlaces a Facebook o Blogspot. Addicionalmente, usarios en Meta-Wiki no pueden ayudarle con el filtro de ediciones en eswiki. Necessita usted pregunta a aqui por ayuda. GeneralNotability (talk) 19:45, 19 October 2020 (UTC)
Request for procedural assistance
Good Day to all,
I was attempting to add
to User:Starburst1415, In accordance with the instructions at RFD since I noticed the nominator had not yet done so and may have forgotten. However apparently you need the autopatrol flag to edit the primary userpage of others. That is assuming I'm reading Special:AbuseFilter/161 correctly. It's by no means a time-sensitive task but a sysop, autopatroller, or WMF account will be needed to do it, thanks.