- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
Hi there - I would like to request for translation adminship on Meta-Wiki. As one of the contributors in Wikimedia User Group Hong Kong, I anticipate that there will be more translations needed as this group starts actively organizing events. Therefore, there will be frequent needs to mark pages for translation. As one of the active translators in the Hong Kong community (and also as a tech translator), instead of looking for a translation administrator each time to help mark pages for translation, I feel that it would be more efficient if I could mark the pages for translation. (A small declaration: I have read Meta:Translation administrator and Meta:Translate extension.) Please let me know if there are any questions or clarifications needed, thank you very much.--ネイ (talk) 15:28, 30 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support Extremely helpful with translation requests on Japanese Wikipedia, incredibly competent and reliable. Definitely support. Alex Shih (talk) 05:12, 31 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support It seems there's no issue here, and the user is active in translating TechNews. –Ammarpad (talk) 02:51, 14 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support —AlvaroMolina (✉ - ✔) 14:07, 15 April 2018 (UTC)
- Have you prepared some page for translation? if yes, could you give a example? Matiia (talk) 17:21, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
- @Matiia: No. Most of my anticipated work is involved in marking new revisions of pages for translation. So there is no need to prepare from scratch. But, with my experience as interface editor in jawp, I do not think the technicals of the preparations will pose an issue.--ネイ (talk) 06:02, 18 April 2018 (UTC)Add some more comments.--ネイ (talk) 06:05, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
- @ネイ: if you want to mark a page for translation, you have to know that the page is prepared correctly before marking it. Please prepare a page for translation, so we can know if you know what you are doing. Matiia (talk) 22:06, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support, reliable participant of WUGHK. --J.Wong 11:27, 17 April 2018 (UTC)
- Strong oppose Sorry. You are sometimes making an illegal guideline or an illegal policy pages without community consensus at Japanese Wikipedia. Also you creating requests without reasonable notify to community. for this, I can't trust you.--rxy (talk) 16:07, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- Any examples? Could you please provide the links? --J.Wong 05:40, 26 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support based off his translation work. WhisperToMe (talk) 07:43, 26 April 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose Per the (lack of) answer to Matiia's question. I do not feel confortable granting translation adminship to an user who do not know how to basically prepare a page for translation and apparently refuses to learn as well. Translation work while appreciated is useless in this stage, as translation adminship is not a prize for the number of translations you make but a tool to do something else. I also find the statement about Rxy concerning. Thanks. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 11:22, 26 April 2018 (UTC)
- Hello all. I am withdrawing this application for the time being, due to some changes happening in my life outside of the Wikipedia ecosystem. However I would still like to pose a reply to some of the comments above. Firstly, a sincere apology to Matiia for not being available to reply for quite some time (due to the same reason stated above). If I am to apply again in the future, this will be the first thing I provide in my application. I think this does not go as far as "refuses to learn", but it will still be something that I shall keep in mind. As for "illegal guideline or an illegal policy pages", and "without reasonable notify to community", is a bit of an exaggerated statement in my opinion. Not going to write long explanations as I no longer have much time to spend on this application.--ネイ (talk) 15:28, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
Not done; withdrawn by candidate. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 20:26, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.