Wikimedia Community User Group Rwanda
|Wikimedia Community User Group|
|Approval date||9 February 2022|
|Official language(s)||Kinyarwanda, French, English|
|Other language(s)||Swahili, Mashi|
- ESP-WE Wikiesfera Grupo de Usuarixs
- H-GAPS H-GAPS User Group
- MK-SK Shared Knowledge
- NGA-HA Hausa Wikimedians User Group
- NGA-IG Igbo Wikimedians User Group
- RU-Don Don Wikimedians User Group
- US-NE New England Wikimedians
- WJ WikiJournal
- WK? Whose Knowledge?
Who we are
An indipendent team of self-motivated individuals who improve articles on Wikimedia Foundation project websites and promote free and open access to knowledge locally in Kinyarwanda,French & English. We also invest in projects that sensitize and train different communities in Rwanda about Wikipedia with much emphasis on Kinyarwanda Wikipedia .
- To represent the Wikimedia Foundation to the Rwandan Wikimedia contributing community.
- To promote Wikimedia projects and free content in general and to encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in education in Rwanda in Kinyarwanda & English.
- To recruit and train interested people to participate to Wikimedia projects in Rwanda.
- To organize conventions, conferences, meetings, workshops, contests in Kigali and other cities in Rwanda related to collection and sharing free knowledge.
- Reducing the internet gender gap through training and encouraging more women to participate in the free knowledge sharing processes.
- To enhance the reading and writing culture of among Rwandan youths
Activities & Projects
We host many events each year. See some recent and upcoming ones here.
- Ndahiro derrick (talk) 10:21, 12 April 2021 (UTC)
- Niyongira eric (talk) 10:56, 12 MAY 2021 (UTC)
- Nyirahabihirwe Clementine Cnyirahabihirwe123 (talk) 13:27, 4 April 2021 (UTC)
- Ange Dusabe (talk) 07:25, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Didieric0508 (talk) 07:28, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Vivine D. Mugenzi VMugenzi (talk) 10:49, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Niyigenachristian (talk) 11:05, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Mbachris (talk) 14:08, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- RWAYITARE250 (talk) 15:43, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Germain92 (talk) 16:21, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Alice.Mukesh (talk) 16:57, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Davyimage (talk) 17:33, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Proyezu (talk) 02:16, 10 April 2021 (UTC)
- User:Valens Muvunyi (talk) 14:12 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Muhirehussein12 (talk) 12:45, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
- Ndayisengadavid3 (talk) 07:12, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- karega vicky (talk) 16:45, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
- Claude Nizeyimana (talk) 10:26, 12 April 2021 (UTC)
- Alicedits (talk) 11:57, 12 April 2021 (UTC)
- Lizadeborah03 (talk) 11:57, 12 April 2021 (UTC)
- RebeccaRwanda (talk) 13:08, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
- GATETE Pacifique (talk) 09:06, 30 April 2021 (UTC)
- Divine2004 (talk) 13:08, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
- steven ndori (talk)19:32, 18 September 2021 (UTc)
- Robert RUGAMBA Annick Green
- Fashdamilola (talk)19:10, 17 February 2022 (UTC)
- Douglaseru (talk) 15:57, 16 March 2022 (UTC)
- Umuganwa Yves (talk) (Umuganwa 12)
- NSHIMIYIMANA jean de Dieu NSHIMIYIMANA Jean de DIeu (talk) 10:53, 10 April 2022 (UTC)
- Din-nani1 (talk) 20:43, 25 April 2022 (UTC)
- Mutesi Roselyne
Everyone interested in joining us is highly welcome just add your name on the above list or just get in touch with us via the links in grey