Please remember to:
- 1 What software does it use?
- 2 What version of mediawiki is meta using?
- 3 New purpose
- 4 Edit article
- 5 Meta:About Meta#What Meta-Wiki is not
- 6 Wikimedia Forum#What is Meta For?
- 7 help with starting a page
- 8 Writing about my great grandpa
- 9 Abut
- 10 Semi-protected edit request on 25 June 2016
- 11 what is wiki media does
- 12 Ayuda y consejos sobre el Index de Barthel
- 13 Semi-protected edit request on 21 January 2017
- 14 Semi-protected edit request on 21 January 2017
- 15 Semi-protected edit request on 18 July 2017
What software does it use?
Have you considered using it as a base to make general wiki software?
Your software seems to be the best of the wikis--at least more straight forward than Twiki, even though I know what "Diff" means, I prefer "Older versions" -smkatz
- Please see en:Wikipedia:Technical FAQ and http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/. Note that while a number of other sites do use our software, I don't presently recommend it unless you're prepared to get involved in development: there's a lot of hard-coded special case code, and plenty of exciting bugs and problems. --Brion VIBBER 18:48 13 Jun 2003 (UTC)
What version of mediawiki is meta using?
Stable or beta? Or can someone point me to a location with this info? --Nevermind, found it on main page
Since Elian has suggested merging the Foundation wiki here, Meta needs to be kept cleaner. I suggest all translations move to a new wiki (one that will, in future, hopefully have real translation software attached), test wikis go to a new demo place as discussed in a recent meeting, and the help goes to http://mediawiki.org since that now has its own wiki. Angela 07:13, 1 September 2005 (UTC)
O'k, look "Current purpose" unit:
<<3. A place to discuss interlanguage co-ordination issues concerning the Wikimedia projects, including discussion in languages other than English>>.
I don't know if we have to have full-stops at the end of points; I'm here with another deal. The point is that "interlanguage" is a didactical linguistic term, the word seems to me unable to serve as a noun substitution to the adjective "interlingual".
Lincoln Josh 21:09, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
Is Meta-Wiki an appropriate place to import/continue local disputes from other projects? –xeno 21:18, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
- To clarify the above post that was made because of my question. Although Xeno is partly right and some part of my question contained some elements of an old dispute, my main concern was about this In the edit summary admin Gwen Gale stated: "22:17, 16 July 2011 Gwen Gale (talk | contribs) deleted "User talk:Wyss/a4" (U1: User request to delete page in own userspace: user thought this had been done years ago)". en:User:Gwen Gale and en:user:Wyss is the same user. The admin deleted her own talk page history citing "a user request". It is a violation of the talk page policy and abuse of administrative tools.So I decided to ask about this here on Meta This particular deletion has nothing to do with me, and is not a part of my dispute with Gwen Gale.--Mbz1 21:31, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
- Xeno, this and that were Bad Ideas. You are correct that meta is not for resolving local disputes, and also that the issues raised by Mbz1 on your talk page and that of Gwen Gale were local enwiki issues. You asked a straw man question, however, inviting Mbz1 to defend himself, thus turning a couple of obscure edits, that would have been noticed by hardly anyone but you, into a Dispute attracting wider comment. The answer to your question is No. However, asking an individual user, or even two users, a question, even if it is about a dispute elsewhere, is not "importing local disputes." It's just asking a question, and Mbz1 is correct in one respect: this was more transparent than email. On meta, as on the other wikis, there is wider latitude in user space. Gwen Gale and you had the right to refuse to discuss the matter, and to remove the questions, and that should have ended it, aside from possible issues of incivility, regarding which standards are low at meta, generally. I'll comment further on your Talk page. --Abd 17:29, 9 September 2011 (UTC)
Some of the recent edits were triggered by this Wikimedia Forum discussion. Nemo 10:21, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
- I'm going to add more examples as it seems needed... Nemo 10:32, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
help with starting a page
- @Akebiv: Hi. To create a Wikipedia article, see w:WP:WIZ. Hope this helps. PiRSquared17 (talk) 23:21, 13 September 2013 (UTC)
Writing about my great grandpa
Hi, I notice some photos on Teoh Tiang Chye has been deleted.
May I know how to get newspaper and book photos into the wiki?
- Hi, have you read Meta:About? We don't host content about grandpas here at Meta-Wiki. Regards, --Glaisher (talk) 16:01, 8 May 2015 (UTC)
Did not this because answer without understanding me and distorted. But what new powers, or what? My activities at the latest in 2002 for the first time was that wrote many times in the past. But then deleted every regional administrators or middle positioned on close Wicky MOEGI craft as devilish bug is not clear, came earlier this year. This is a low-profile activities over the years, in your personal case.
Semi-protected edit request on 25 June 2016
what is wiki media does
Ayuda y consejos sobre el Index de Barthel
Hola me llamo Helena, soy nueva en esto y agradecería mucho que me ayudasen a entender el Index de Barthel, consejos, aclaraciones sobre el grado y ayudas. Muchas gracias saludos cordiales. Helena 77 (talk) 14:33, 28 October 2016 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 21 January 2017
Md Ripon Sarkar