Movement Charter/Affiliates by Region/Thematic Affiliates
This is a page for Thematic Affiliates to discuss our selector for the Movement Charter.
What is this?
The Movement Charter will be a foundational document for our movement, detailing how we organize our movement in the future. It's important to get a good group of people representing the wide diversity of our movement and with diverse skillsets to draft the document; 72 candidates have self-nominated to join the Movement Charter Drafting Committee.
Affiliates get to select 6 people on the drafting committee. The Affiliates have been split into 8 geographic regions and all of us non-regional groups have been put together as one "Thematic Affiliates" group. Each of these 9 groups will appoint 1 "selector" who will work with the other 8 selectors to select candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee.
This page is to decide how we as Thematic Affiliates will select our selector. We must do this prior to October 10.
Ideas for how to make a decision
- Have a zoom meeting of one hour with the selectors and issue 6 names in the name of the group (shortest method to not charge volunteers too much)
- try to nominate candidates which will represent well the issues of the thematic group
- Follow the process Western and Northern Europe are: Talk:Movement_Charter/Affiliates_by_Region#Process_for_the_Western_and_Northern_European_Affiliates
People willing to be a selector
When endorsing a selector, please indicate your thematic affiliate. Cast your endorsements by the end of the day on 10 October
Description: Wikimedia Digitization User Group
Description: chair, Wikipedia & Education User Group — I care deeply about ensuring the Movement Charter is as good a document as it can be, and I'm willing to serve as a selector to ensure the voices of thematic groups are heard among members of the Drafting Committee.
- Support Wikimedia Community User Group Math - I support this user due to active involvement in the discussions. --Physikerwelt (talk) 07:03, 8 October 2021 (UTC)
- Support Wikipedia & Education User Group - Since LiAnna is our chair, we as a UG support her in this endeavor, since she carries great passion for the Movement Charter and all processes around it. --FiliP ██ 16:13, 8 October 2021 (UTC)
- Support Wiki Project Med - For the past 10 years LiAnna has supported hundreds of university and Wikipedia partnerships in many fields, including many in medicine. Following an email discussion, Wiki Project Med is able to endorse this candidate. Blue Rasberry (talk) 21:04, 9 October 2021 (UTC)
- Support Wiki World Heritage User Group The WWH UG board discussed and decided to vote for LiAnna Davis. On behalf of the board Yamen (talk) 20:07, 10 October 2021 (UTC)
Description: Active on Fr-wikipedia since 2015, occasionally on en-wp (also contributing to wikidata, wikisource, wikiquote & commons), founder of les sans pagEs, president of the association les sans pagEs , member of the conflict of interest committee of Wikimedia France, member of the LBTIQ user group, of Women in Red, dedicated to LGBTIQ and gender issues, as well as letting the the underrepresented voices in our movement be heard. I am/was also involved in GLAM projects, for example teaching Wikipedia in the gender studies department at the University of Geneva.
- Support Les sans pagEs - Nattes à chat is our founder. We support her in this endeavor, since she carries great passion for the Movement Charter and all processes around it. -- Anthere (talk) 01:29, 9 October 2021 (UTC)
- Support Wikimujeres - We give her our full support because we trust that she know the importance of the Movement Charter and its processes to increase the presence of women. -- Tiputini (talk) 09:40, 9 October 2021 (UTC)
- Support Plain support from our group WikiDonne, Nat knows our goal and represents our vision as movement. --Camelia (talk)
- Support Wiki Cemeteries User Group discussed this and voted for Nattes à chat to be the representative for this effort. --- FULBERT (talk) 18:42, 10 October 2021 (UTC)
- Support WikiClassics User Group discussed this request on the talk page on meta and voted for Nattes à chat. LiAnna was the runner-up.--Alexmar983 (talk) 19:03, 10 October 2021 (UTC)
- Support Wikimedia LGBT+ discussed this internally and votes for our member Nattes à chat to be our representative. --- FULBERT (talk) 19:07, 10 October 2021 (UTC)
- Support Members of Wikimedians for offline wikis were invited to cast their vote (1 to 5 for each candidate) on the three candidates through a Qualtrix survey. Though Nattes and LiAnna were super closed, Nattes à chat had the most support Anthere (talk) 21:49, 10 October 2021 (UTC)
Nattes à chat was appointed as the thematic affiliates selector.
What skillsets/perspectives do we want on the Movement Charter Drafting Committee?
- Actively contributes to MediaWiki software
- Has experience in a thematic program/group, to represent our views in the Movement Charter drafting of the Thematic Hub definition
- Preference for education program from the Wikipedia & Education User Group! :) But really any thematic, cross-regional group/program is fine.
- Add yours here!