Hareket Tüzüğü/Tasarı Komitesi/Güncellemeler

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is a translated version of the page Movement Charter/Drafting Committee/Updates and the translation is 26% complete.


Bu sayfa, en kötü ihtimalle her ayın sonunda bir kere olmak üzere yayınlanacak olan Hareket Tüzüğü Tasarı Komitesinin çalışmalarının düzenli güncellemelerini içerir. Bu güncellemeler topluluğu ve hareketi Komitenin dahili çalışmaları hakkında bilgilendirme amacını gütmekte olup başka sayfalarda paylaşılacak geri bildirim çağrılarından ayrıdır.

Would you like to subscribe to the MCDC newsletter and get these monthly updates delivered to your talkpage? Sign up here!

July 2022 

Meetings

  • Regular Committee meetings: 10th and 24th July
  • Communications subcommittee: 6th and 20th July

Completed work

*Wikimedia Summit participation planning: Most of the Committee members will participate in the Wikimedia Summit, which will include dedicated sessions for the Movement Charter. The Committee also agreed to meet for two days before the Summit (7-11 September overall). This also includes attending two meetings of the Board of Trustees, to which two MCDC members are invited. *Finalizing the drafting methodology: The Committee finished developing a rough methodology to use in drafting the Movement Charter, based on which drafting groups can already start their work.

Ongoing work & discussion

*Facilitator replacement: Irene, the Committee’s previous facilitator, decided to step down from her role at the end of June 2022. The search for a replacement is ongoing. Committee members are taking turns in facilitating meetings, and also participating in the replacement process.

  • Wikimania participation: The Committee is creating an introductory video about the Movement Charter to present at Wikimania.
  • The Movement Charter outline: The Committee reached agreement on a rough outline for the content of the Movement Charter (to be published soon on the Movement Charter content page).
  • Establishing drafting groups: The Committee agreed to start forming drafting groups for three chapters in the Movement Charter. Those chapters will be the following:
    • 1. The Preamble
    • 2. Values & Principles
    • 3. Roles & Responsibilities

Please subscribe to the newsletter to get the monthly summary delivered to your personal talk page!

June 2022

Meetings

  • In-person meeting in Berlin: 17-19 June
  • Regular Committee meetings: 5th and 26th June
  • Values & Preamble subcommittee: 9th June
  • Communications subcommittee: 8th June

Completed work

* In-person meeting: The Movement Charter Drafting Committee met for the first time in Berlin in-person, on 17-19 June. A Diff blog post will be published soon with more details about this. The meeting had the following goals and outcomes:

    • Charter outline: There is progress made working on the outline of the Charter. The Committee is still discussing several options for how the outline (which is like a “table of contents”) may be organized.
    • Drafting methodology: There is progress made in agreeing on the methodology to draft the content of the Movement Charter. The methodology will be shared when ready.
    • Drafting subcommittees: The Committee is setting up the subcommittees to focus on drafting different parts of the outline.

* Replacing an MCDC member: Jamie Li-Yun Lin decided to leave the MCDC in May. Starting from June 26th, she has been officially replaced with Daria Cybulska. The replacement was made by the same group of selectors that selected Jamie, in accordance with the MCDC member replacement guidelines. * Position towards the Hubs Minimum Piloting Criteria: During the in-person meeting, the MCDC discussed the Hubs Minimum Piloting Criteria. The Committee agreed that it does not see itself as a committee responsible for approving Hubs, and will not take this role. Hubs, though, will be defined in the Movement Charter (like other governance structures in the movement). * Official email address: You can now be in contact with the Movement Charter Drafting Committee using the official email address: movementcharter@wikimedia.org

Ongoing work & discussion

  • Relationship with the Board: The MCDC decided to permanently invite two Board of Trustees liaisons to all the Committee’s meetings. One exception of this is when specific internal topics are being discussed, like Code of Conduct cases. From their side, the Board of Trustees invited two MCDC members to join their meeting on 23 June.
  • Drafting methodology: Following the in-person meeting, the Committee continues to discuss the methodology for drafting the Movement Charter. The document will be publicly shared when completed.
  • Finalizing the Movement Charter outline: Following the in-person meeting, the Committee continues to discuss the outline of the Movement Charter (almost like a “table of contents”).
  • Establishing drafting subcommittees: Following the in-person meeting, the Committee continues to discuss setting up drafting subcommittees to start working on the content.

Please subscribe to the newsletter to get the monthly summary delivered to your personal talk page!

May 2022

Meetings

  • Regular Committee meetings: 8th and 22nd May
  • Communications subcommittee: 4th, 11th and 25th May
  • Values & Principles: 12th and 30th May.

Completed work

  • In-person meeting planning: The Committee members prepared, in collaboration with their facilitator (Irene Laochaisri), a full program for their in-person meeting. The meeting will take place in Berlin, Germany between 17-19 June. The main objective is creating a draft outline of the Movement Charter, and agreeing on a methodology to draft the content of this outline.

* The Committee's newsletter subscription is open. Subscribers will receive monthly updates and announcements about upcoming consultations or public sessions regarding the Movement charter. It can be delivered to your talk page on your project of choice.

  • Replacing a resigned member: The group of affiliate selectors decided on replacement for a member who left the Committee. An official announcement will be made soon about the new member.

Ongoing work & discussion

* Wikimedia Summit: The Committee is in touch with Wikimedia Deutschland and is expected to be involved in planning the Wikimedia Summit. The Committee will further discuss this with Wikimedia Deutschland during the Berlin meeting, between 17-19 June. * Relationship with the Board of Trustees: Until the end of April, as a pilot, two liaisons from the Board were attending 30 minutes during Committee’s meetings once a month. This proved unsatisfactory for both sides. As an alternative, the Committee offered the Board of Trustees one seat on the committee. The Committee perceived that this seat would add diversity in perspectives, and give the Board its desired voice. The Board, however, wishes to keep working through liaisons and not voting members. Discussions on the engagement with the Wikimedia Foundation’s Board of Trustees therefore still continue. * Staff support: The Committee presented its projected needs for support from staff in the near future. Those needs include support in: Documenting meetings, facilitation, logistical and project management support, communications planning, outreach, translations, and conducting research. The Wikimedia Foundation is reviewing the needs and evaluating if the current support staff can meet them.

April 2022

Meetings

Regular MCDC meetings (more frequent this month due to an experiment with weekly meetings):

  • 3 April: 120 minutes.
  • 10 April : 90 minutes
  • 18 April: 60 minutes. Joined for the first 30 minutes by two Board of Trustees liaisons.
  • 24 April: 90 minutes.

Other meetings:

  • Communications subcommittee: 13, 22 and 27 April
  • Research subcommittee: 15 and 28 April
  • Values/preamble subcommittee: 14 April

Completed work

Ongoing work & discussion

* Drafting the Movement Charter: The drafting work will partly be prepared and carried out by subcommittees, each focusing on one particular topic. Each subcommittee will draft several outlines or “seed options” and present them to the community for review in the future. The initial topics that the Committee has identified are: Values & Principles (as an introduction), in addition to 1. Governance, 2. Resources and 3. Community.

    • Values & Principles: There is now a subcommittee working on the first topic (Values & Principles). The subcommittee’s work may need to be first informed by the research.
    • Ratification: Committee discussed the need to wait and learn from the results of the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines ratification vote, a model which could be similar to the future ratification vote for the Movement Charter.
  • June in-person meeting: The Drafting Committee will meet in Berlin from 17-19 June. The meeting’s agenda will focus on the committee in general, and better defining the Movement Charter’s outline.
  • Research & documentation: The Committee is discussing research to help inform or prepare for its work. The scope is being discussed, the following are possible options for it: 1. Survey data collection and analysis (in the Wikimedia movement), 2. Summarizing previous documents about Wikimedia governance, 3. Finding and comparing “Charters” of other non-profit organizations, and/or 4. Consulting and engaging with experts.
  • Communications & stakeholder engagement: The communications subcommittee has finalized  a strategic communications plan. As a part of this, the subcommittee is now working on a “stakeholder engagement plan”, which defines the desired level of engagement on Movement Charter according to three levels: 1. Informed, 2. Consulted and 3. Extensively engaged.
Here’s an example in Dutch of a recent outreach.
  • Email management: The Committee agreed on a process to manage and respond to emails. A public email address will be announced soon.
  • Training: Some Committee members are joining a training in “nonviolent communication”. The training is provided by the Brazilian organization Sinergia Comunicativa in partnership with the Wikimedia Foundation. Other communications training is being discussed.
  • Staff support: The Committee is discussing the possible needs of additional support from staff for subcommittees, especially for the communications and research subcommittees.
  • Project management: The Movement Strategy and Governance Team will be providing support to MCDC members in managing and following up on tasks.

March 2022

Meetings

Regular MCDC meetings:

  • 6 March: 120 minutes.
  • 20 March: 120 minutes (joined for the first 30 minutes by two Board of Trustees liaisons).

Other meetings:

  • 17 March: onboarding Irene, the Committee’s new facilitator.
  • 20, 21, 29 March: weekly check-in with Irene.
  • 9, 16, 23 and 30 March: Communications subcommittee meeting.
  • 31 March: Charter categorization subcommittee meeting
  • 31 March: Values subcommittee meeting

Completed work

  • Onboarding the facilitator: The Committee welcomed Irene from InsightPact, who will be serving as its facilitator. Some members took part in onboarding her and agreeing on how they will work together.
  • Communications strategy and plan: The communications subcommittee created, with the Movement Strategy & Governance Team, a communications strategy and plan. The communications strategy will be published on Meta later.
  • In-person meeting decision: Berlin was decided to be the preferred location for the Committee’s in-person meetings. New York City is a possible secondary location (only if needed). Wikimedia Germany will be hosting the event, probably from 17-19 June. The event’s agenda is currently being discussed.

Ongoing work & discussion

  • Drafting the Movement Charter: The drafting subcommittee agreed on four main themes and topics (“buckets”) of the Movement Charter: “Values & Principles”, “Governance”,  “Community” and “Resources”. This takes into consideration previous feedback from the movement, like the June 2021 Global Conversations. The board liaisons also provided feedback about the themes, stating that the “Values & Principles” are an essential foundation for all other “buckets”.
  • Email address: The Committee is planning to announce an official email address, through which anyone can send questions and feedback. The communications subcommittee is working on the final details considering flow, response time, and responsibilities of those involved, and plans to bring these back to the full MCDC in the April meeting for a final decision.
  • Working with the WMF Board of Trustees: The planned 12 weeks of experimental collaboration with the Board of Trustees are nearly coming to an end. The Committee and the Board will be discussing if the current set up is productive, in which they meet together for 30 minutes once every four weeks.
  • MCDC Code of Conduct: The Committee is currently considering a draft version for an internal Code of Conduct. There was an extended discussion regarding articles about the suspension of inactive members and other sanctions. A newer or final draft may be shared in April.
  • Progress Review + Committee Check-in: The committee members assessed themselves and their collective progress. There was agreement that a lot of time is being spent on doing preparatory work, so the committee is not working at a fast pace as committee members would want. Cumulatively, though, the committee believes that the thorough review and discussions at this stage are important, and will be helpful in countering challenges in the drafting stage.

February 2022

Meetings

Regular MCDC meetings:

  • 6 February: 120 minutes.

* 20 February: 120 minutes (joined for the last 30 minutes by two Board of Trustees liaisons).

Communications subcommittee meetings:

  • 1 February: 60 minutes
  • 9 February: 60 minutes
  • 16 February: 60 minutes
  • 18 February: 30 minutes
  • 23 February: 60 minutes

Completed work

* Contracting a professional facilitator: Several MCDC members joined interviews to select a professional to support the group meetings. The group decided to choose InsightPact, based on reasons including:

    • 1. Their capacity to flex and iterate in their facilitation method,
    • 2. Demonstrating willingness to take in feedback from all Committee members,
    • 3. The prior experience of their designated facilitator, Irene, with the Wikimedia Global Conversations.

* Publishing the internal decision-making: After finalizing it earlier, the Committee published a detailed decision-making document.

=== Ongoing work & discussion === * Drafting the Movement Charter: A group of MCDC members started brainstorming the main themes and topics that they expect to see in the Movement Charter. The results are expected, later on, to identify 3-5 first topics for content. * Working with the Board of Trustees: After several phases of deliberation, the MCDC and the liaisons of the Board of Trustees agreed that the liaisons will attend some of the regular MCDC meetings. The two Board liaisons will both attend the last 30 minutes in one of each two regular meetings. This format will be tested for a period of three months. Shani and Natalia first joined the Committee’s meeting on 20 February, where they introduced themselves and offered support. * Communications: The Movement Strategy and Governance Team created and presented a first draft of a communications plan for the Movement Charter process to the communications subcommittee. There seems to have been a mismatch, however, in expectations from both sides, both in terms of the content of the plan and in the available support from the Wikimedia Foundation. This led to a frustrating situation. The subcommittee is now working with the Foundation to seek alternative options for support in communications, and work on a new plan was started.

  • In-person meeting: The Committee believes that an in-person meeting may help them achieve progress. Several locations for the meeting were compared according to their COVID-19 restrictions, travel distance/time and the availability of staff support. As a result, the meeting is likely to take place in Berlin in June 2022.

Ocak 2022

Grup toplantıları

  • 9 Ocak: 120 dakika.
  • 23 Ocak: 120 dakika.

Tamamlanan çalışma

  • Takvim: Komite Meta üzerinden Hareket Tüzüğü tasarı takvimini güncelledi.
  • İlkeler: Komite çalışmalarını tanımlaması ve çalışmalarına yol gösterici olması için bir İlkeler dokümanını tamamlayarak yayınladı.
  • Yeni HTTK sayfası: HTTK Meta sayfası, şu anda üyeleri, devam eden çalışmaları ve en son belgeler hakkında daha fazla bilgiyle beraber tamamen güncellendi.
  • İç karar alım: Komite iç karar alımlarını nasıl yaptığını tanımlayan bir doküman oluşturdu. Doküman Meta'da mevcut.

Devam eden çalışma ve tartışma

  • Üye değişimi: Alice Wiegand (Kullanıcı:Lyzzy) Hareket Tüzüğü Tasarı Komitesindeki görevinden ayrıldı. Çünkü o seçilmiş bir üyeydi ve yerine sıradaki seçilebilir aday Reda Kerbouche (Kullanıcı:Reda Kerbouche) seçildi. Daha fazla detay için değişim açıklamasına bakınız.
  • İletişim planı: HTTK "iletişim alt komitesi" üyeleri iletişim için bir plan oluşturmak üzere Hareket Stratejisi & Yönetimi ekibi ile işbirliği içerisinde.
  • İletişim kanalları: Komite iletişim için kullanmak üzere resmi yazışma e-posta adresleri oluşturuyor.
  • Bir kolaylaştırıcı işe alımı: HTTK üyeleri, grup toplantıları için Hareket Stratejisi & Yönetimi ekibi ile birlikte belirli bir kolaylaştırıcıyı seçmek için işbirliği içerisinde. Bu sırada, Komite üyeleri kolaylaştırıcılık faaliyetlerini kendileri sürdürecek.
  • Mütevelli Heyeti ile ilişki kurma: Wikimedia Vakfı Mütevelli Heyeti, Aralık 2021'de HTTK toplantılarına katılması için iki aracı talep etti. Bu talep HTTK üyeleri için bir sürpriz oldu. Heyetin talebi katılım için her iki taraftan da teklifler gelmesine neden oldu, ancak süreç henüz sonuçlanmadı.
  • Konferans katılımı: Bir HTTK üyesine RightsCon Zirvesi için bir teklifte bulunmasına yönelik bir davet mevcuttu. Komite, Tüzük tartışmasını benzer ilgiye sahip Wikimedia dışındaki paydaşlara getirmek için bunu bir fırsat olarak görüyor.
  • Tüzük içeriği: Bazı üyeler Hareket Tüzüğünün içerebileceği "ana hatlar" ve bölümler hakkındaki fikirleri ile beyin fırtınası yapmaya başladı..

Aralık 2021

Hareket Tüzüğü Tasarı Komitesi (HTTK) gelecek çalışmalarının hazırlığını ve planlarını yapıyor. Komite 5 ve 19 Aralık'ta her biri iki saatlik toplantılarda bir araya geldi. Bu toplantıların ilk sonuçlarının yakında açıklanması bekleniyor, lütfen aşağıdaki özete bir göz atın.

Devam eden çalışma

Tasarı Komitesi aşağıdakiler üzerinde çalışmaktadır:

  • İlkeler: Komite halen çalışmalarını tanımlamak (örneğin; Komitenin yetkisi, çalışma süresi vs.) için yol gösterici ilkeleri üzerinde halen çalışıyor. Bu ilkelerin Ocak ayı sonuna kadar tamamlanması ve Meta'da yayınlanması bekleniyor.
  • İç karar alımı: İlgili bir konuda, Komite ayrıca iç kararlarının nasıl alınacağını da tanımlıyor (örneğin; bir karar üzerinde fikir birliği ne zaman gereklidir?).
  • İletişim: Komite, çalışmalarının düzenli destek ve bilgi yayılımı içermesini temin etmek üzere bir iletişim planını oluşturuyor. Komite bu planı uygulamada destek sağlayacak olan Wikimedia Vakfı Hareket Stratejisi & Yönetimi ekibi ile işbirliği içerisinde.
  • Takvim: Hareket Tüzüğü süreci için geçici takvim tartışıldı. Ocak ayın Hareket Tüzüğü Meta sayfasında bir güncelleme olarak yayınlanacak. Bu takvimin nihai olması beklenmiyor, çünkü istişare ve onay süreleriyle esnek olması gerekecek.

Toplantıların özeti

Komite toplantılarında ele alınan başlıca konular:

  • Toplantılar: HTTK üyeleri, tatil araları haricinde her iki haftada bir Pazar günleri toplantı yapmak üzerine anlaştılar. Sıradaki toplantı 9 Ocak'ta yapılacak.
  • Kolaylaştırma: HTTK üyeleri uzman bir kolaylaştırıcı işe alınana kadar (buna ilişkin bir süreç HTTK tarafından da öngörüldü ve Hareket Stratejisi & Yönetimi Ekibi tarafından desteklendi) toplantılarda kolaylaştırma faaliyetlerini kendileri yürütecek. Uzman kolaylaştırıcının işe Şubat 2022'de başlaması bekleniyor.
  • Çeşitlilik & uzmanlık: Hazırlık sürecine göre, Komite "fikir birliği ile üçe kadar ek aday" ekleme seçeneğine sahip. Çeşitlilikte önemli bir boşluk yok gibi görünse de, Komite gelecekte uzman tavsiyesi talep edebilir veya “gözlemci” üyeler ekleyebilir.
  • Heyet toplantısı: Komite üyeleri Mütevelli Heyeti'nin (MüH) iki üyesiyle ilk kez 22 Aralık 2021'de bir araya geldi. Her iki tarafın girizgahının akabinde, HTTK ve MüH arasındaki işbirliğinin şekli ve bu işbirliğini şekillendirmek için ne tür iletişim/toplantıların olacağı ana konuşma konularıydı.
  • Görev yönetimi: Komite, görevlerini tanımlamak ve yürütmek üzere çevrimiçi bir yazılım olan Asana'yı test ediyor. Bu hizmet Wikimedia Vakfı tarafından sağlanacak.

Kasım 2021

Hareket Tüzüğü Tasarı Komitesi (HTTK) üyeleri 1 Kasım 2021'de atandı. Grup bu tarihten beri iki kere (10 ve 18 Kasım) bir araya geldi ve hem iki toplantı arasında hem sonrasında birtakım işler üzerinde çalışmaya başladı. Şu anda Komite, birlikte çalışmak üzere bir sistem oluşturmanın başındalar ve iki haftada bir toplantı yapmaya ve topluluğa en azından ayda bir kere güncelleme sağlamaya devam edecek. Aşağıda grubun bu zamana dek yapmış olduğu tartışmaların ve şu an üzerinde çalıştıkları iş kalemlerinin bir özeti yer alıyor.

Devam eden çalışmalar

Komite şu anda şunlar üzerinde çalışıyor:

  • Tasarı Komitesi kendi dahili işlemleri ve sistemleri oluşturma süreci içerisinde. Bunlar; kolaylaştırma, iletişim, iş akışları, sorumluluklar ve yetkilendirme, ilkeler (aşağıya bakınız), zaman takvimi ve diğerleri şeklindedir. Aralık-Ocak arasındaki tatil nedeniyle, bu işlerin 2022 başına sarkması bekleniyor.
  • Komite gelecek çalışmalarına kılavuzluk edecek ilkelerini oluşturuyor. Bu ilkeler, kararların nasıl alınacağı, Komitenin kime rapor vereceği, yetkisinin ne olacağı ve benzeridir. Bu ilkelerin nihai olarak belirlenmesi ve Komitenin 19 Aralık'taki dördüncü toplantısının arından paylaşılması planlanıyor.
  • Grup, Tasarı Komitesi üyelerinin beklenen sorumluluklarını ve Wikimedia Vakfından ya da harici bir kolaylaştırıcıdan duydukları ihtiyaçları belirlemek üzere görev listeleri oluşturuyor. Vakfın başından sonuna operasyonel destek sağlaması bekleniyor, böylece HTTK üyeleri içeriği toplamaya ve tasarı oluşturmaya odaklanabilecek.

Tartışma

Toplantılardan tartışma konuları:

  • Şeffaflık topluluktan sık gelen bir talep idi. Komite üyeleri bunu Chatham House Kuralını benimseyerek ele almayı kabul etti: "toplantıya katılan herkes, tartışmada elde edilen bilgiyi kullanmakta özgürdür, ancak bir yorumu kimin yaptığının açıklanması yasaktır".
  • Bu şeffaflıkla HTTK topluluğunun paylaşacağı bilgiler arasında bir denge olmalıdır. Asıl güncellemeler, Komitenin, topluluk geri bildirimlerini ve dönüşlerini toplamaya hazır olacağı -2022'nin başında olması umuduyla- döneme kadar, her ay bir kere olmak üzere paylaşılacak.
  • HTTK'nin "güç" ve/veya yetkisinin açık olması gerekir: hem Komiteye hem de harekete. Komitenin tam görevini belirlemek üzere bir DARCI şablonunun kullanılması önerisi yapıldı. HTTK'nin kime "rapor vereceğine" bağlı olarak, "topluluğa" rapor vermek biraz destek buldu.
  • Hareket Tüzüğü tasarısının/tasarılarının değerlendirilmesi çözümlenmemiş bir soru. Bu konudaki tavsiyelerden bazıları:
    • 1. Kabul veya ret olanaklarıyla birlikte, topluluğa tamamen hazır bir tasarı sunmak,
    • 2. Topluluğun Hareket Tüzüğü taslağının ayrı bölümlerini önceden tanımlanmış "dönüm noktaları"nda gözden geçirdiği tekrarlamalı süreç.
  • Tasarı öncesinde, grubun Hareket Tüzüğünün ana başlıkları veya iskeleti üzerinde uzlaşmış olmaları beklenmektedir. 15 kişiyle beyin fırtınası konuları uzun süreceğinden, üyelerin daha az üyeli "alt gruplarla" beyin fırtınası yapmaları ve sonra uzlaşmak üzere bir araya gelmeleri önerildi (Küresel Sohbetler gibi).
  • HTTK çalışmalarının zaman çizelgesi şimdilik 12-18 ay sürebileceği ön görüldü. Bu süreç için daha detaylı bir zaman çizelgesinin oluşturulması, Komitenin sıradaki aşamalarından ve sorumluluklarından biri olacak.