आंदोलन रणनीति और शासन/आंदोलन चार्टर एंबेसडर कार्यक्रम/अनुदान
|Call for grant applications from the Movement Charter Ambassador working in the first round of the Movement Charter community consultation (November-December 2022) is now closed. It will reopen in the second quarter of 2023.|
यह पैकेज क्या है?
- This package is a resource for individuals and groups interested in Movement Charter discussions. The Movement Strategy and Governance Team encourages you to apply for this grant to get more community members engaged and involved. With this grant, you are able to get the resources and support you might need to help increase your community’s awareness of and engagement in Movement Charter. For more, see the program page.
Who can apply for this grant package?
- This package is open to individuals and groups within various language communities across the movement. Anyone who is interested in becoming a Movement Charter Ambassador is encouraged to apply.
- Applicants from underrepresented language communities will be prioritized. Volunteers who have previously worked with the MSG team (as part of the Election Volunteers or Board Election Translators Network, for example) are encouraged to apply.
- This package is designed to further enable Movement Strategy recommendation #4 Equity in Decision-making. It is expected that there will be one grant within a target community. Decisions will be made to ensure there are no overlaps.
What activities are expected to be carried out?
- Translate: Translate documents that have not yet been translated, to ensure that Movement Charter content is accessible for community engagement.
- Host: Host community conversations about Movement Charter and the ways that it will affect their work.
- Share: Share the learnings from this work with the global community by collecting feedback, recommendations from the members of your language community, and writing a report as a result. Use Meta and the MS Forum for wider impact.
आवेदन कैसे करें?
The Movement Charter Ambassador grants program is now closed. The grant program will reopen in the second quarter of 2023, according to the Movement Charter timeline. Interested people are invited to sign up to support their communities.
This grant example also contains a number of useful resources and documents that may help you achieve the desired goals.
- The background on Movement Charter (historical context)
- A guide for how to organize an online conversation (slides)
- A facilitator from the region to support the conversations happening
- Potentially, a member of the MCDC joins the conversation
What specific Movement Strategy Initiatives are community members most interested in?
(Please select one of the Initiatives described here, and explain why is this grants package important within your community?)
24. Movement Charter: To ensure that our communities are fully engaged in conversations about the governance of the movement.
What are the challenges you aim to address with this project? Those can help you to think about your project proposal.
- Many people within our community are not aware of the Movement Charter. This lack of awareness means that many are not fully engaged. This project presents an opportunity for people to come together to discuss and learn more about decision-making within the movement and how these decisions affect them and the valuable work that is happening.
When do you intend to begin and complete this project?
- We aim to implement this project two weeks before the next round of MCDC consultations begins, and have our reports ready 30 days after.
Where will your project activities be happening?
- Online: we will host online meetings to onboard the community. We will invite Movement Strategy facilitators and members of the MCDC to join these online conversions so people have an opportunity to engage directly and get immediate responses to their questions.
- Hybrid: Some of our community members would like to meet in-person for these conversations, while others will be remote. The aim is to make sure that the first conversations happen with everyone in the discussions. We aim to ensure that everyone is truly included
- In-person (offline): Our community members are available to meet in-person. People engage better this way.
Are you collaborating with others on this project?
(please provide details of how partners intend to work together to achieve the project goal)
- Coordinator: Responsible for the major activities of the project, including receiving the grants funds, writing the grants report, and coordinating between the other collaborators.
- Translator: A community member will be working to translate Movement Strategy pages to our languages.
- Outreach & Awareness: Another community member will distribute the translated documents to introduce our community to Movement Strategy and Implementation Grants.
What specific activities will be carried out during this project?
(Please describe the specific activities that will be carried out during this project.)
- Translations: the following documents and pages will be translated
- Movement Charter content pages
- Reports pages
- Forms / Survey translations
- Conversation events pages
- Community Engagement:
- Outreach: While we are working on translations, we will make sure to reach out to the communities and inform them about the upcoming engagements.
- MCDC community workshop: We will host an initial 90 minute workshop. This workshop will be about sharing the details of the Movement Charter with our community members. We will share practical examples of why their contribution to the Movement Charter discussions is important.
- MCDC community conversation: We will host another 90 minute conversation session with our community members to discuss a shared plan and approach for how we engage in Movement Charter discussions
What other tools would you require, apart from the list already shared?
(Please note that some tools requested may not be available. You are invited to suggest developing these tools where they are not available)
- A Zoom link for the meetings. We have all the tools we will need for this project
How do you intend to keep communities updated on the progress and outcomes of the project?
(Please add the names or usernames of these individuals responsible for updating the community)
- Movement Strategy Forum
- Diff blog platform
- Village pumps
- Telegram group
- Other community channels for people to know