This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete.
This page is kept for historical purposes. It documents the work of the New Readers Program from 2016–2019. Some of the product elements of this work are now done by the mw:Inuka team. The rest of the program work was distributed across advancement and communications teams at WMF.
The New Readers program has been an important part of growing the WMF's understanding of the gaps we need to fill in awareness and use of the Wikimedia projects in Emerging Markets. As a result of the research and initiatives run within the program, the Foundation has integrated work that will represent Emerging Markets in each of its strategic priorities, particularly in growing Worldwide readership and building a thriving movement.
This program has now ended.
As a direct result of this program, a new Product team has started to specifically focus on ways to improve our projects for people in underrepresented geographies, where internet use is growing rapidly.
Thank you to all the communities and WMF staff that were part of making this program a success!
|Investigações e descobertas|
|Resultado #1: Acesso|
|Resultado #2: Conhecimento|
|Resultado #3: Descoberta|
|Resultado #4: Retenção|
|Resultado #5: Organização|
|Perguntas Mais Frequentes e todas as páginas|
The New Readers program focuses on understanding and serving potential Wikimedia readers in countries where access to the internet is quickly growing. It is a collaboration of the Global Reach, Design Research, Reading, Community Engagement and Communications teams at the Wikimedia Foundation.
This hub will collect work from across the teams to better understand and serve potential new readers. For the latest on what we're doing, please check out the New Readers/Updates page. You can also see up-to-date information about each of the themes at New Readers/Awareness and New Readers/Access.
- Better understand new internet users in countries with developing internet access, who may have limited to no awareness of Wikimedia sites
- Develop user personas that represent common user habits, needs, and behaviors
- Assess and develop potential product, partnership, messaging, and community actions to grow reach and participation in Wikimedia projects from research regions
- Develop programs across the Foundation to better serve readers and potential readers in these regions based on research findings
The New Readers project is a cross-team initiative, reflecting shared research priorities of Readership, Strategic Partnerships, Design Research, Communications, and Community Engagement.
Abbey Ripstra, Lead Design Research Manager
Anne Gomez, Senior Program Manager
Jorge Vargas, Regional Manager, Strategic Partnerships - Latin America
Jack Rabah, Regional Manager, Strategic Partnerships - Middle East and Africa (International)
Dan Foy, Sr Product Manager
Toby Negrin, Chief Product Officer
Satdeep Gill, Community Outreach Coordinator (India)
Nós queremos ouvi-lo! Veja como entrar em contacto:
- Public mailing list: Nós partilhamos conteúdo e anúncios interessantes. Junte-se a nós e partilhe connosco.
- Página de discussão: Para questões/inquirições gerais
- newreaderswikimedia.org: fale com a equipa