Newly registered user/haw
A newly registered user is a user who has signed up for an account and has logged in to a Wikimedia project. In addition to what an unregistered user can do, a newly registered user can:
- set custom preferences
- add pages to a watchlist
- move root user pages and category pages
- mark their edits as minor
- send emails to other users
- purge the cache of a page without a confirmation step
The full list of rights for all levels is available at Special:ListGroupRights.
All edits made as a newly registered user will show the user name in the history instead of an IP address.
Deelebugzilla:20666w:en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2005-12-05/In the newsw:en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2005-12-05/In the news
- On some wikis additional restriction could apply, defined by $wgNamespaceProtection and $wgRestrictionLevels. For instance, on pt.wiki newly registered users can't edit the File namespace.
On most Wikimedia projects, accounts that are more than four days old are considered autoconfirmed. Some exceptions include zhwiki, nowiki and dewikibooks which require 7 days to reach autoconfirmed status.
Additionally, some Wikimedia projects require a certain number of minimum edits an account has before it is autoconfirmed. Such wikis with a high threshold include arwiki, eswiki, zhwiki and wikidatawiki; all of which require a minimum of 50 edits before reaching autoconfirmed status.