The OTRS team always welcomes new volunteers to help with answering tickets. Nonetheless, to ensure the quality of service and given the confidential nature of the work, there is a selective application procedure.
The OTRS administrators are a group of highly-trusted and experienced volunteers who assess your application to join the OTRS team. When assessing an application, they familiarize themselves with your work on the Wikimedia projects to ensure that you are suitable as an addition to the OTRS team. It therefore takes some time before you receive a response regarding your application.
If you are interested in volunteering, please read OTRS/Recruiting for information about what the job entails. Feel free to join #wikimedia-otrs to ask any questions that you might have with regard to Wikimedia OTRS. Before applying, please ensure that you are:
Please review the list of queues prior to submitting your application, and apply for all of those queues where you think you'd be able to help.
If you'd like to volunteer for the info-de queue, please apply locally by following the instructions at de:Wikipedia:Support-Team#Mitarbeit im Support-Team.
|Please wikimedia.org linking to your application on this page and giving your age. Please do so each time you apply.and also send an e-mail to volunteers-otrs|
- Babel / Languages you can reply in: English
- Your most active user talk page(s): w:en:User talk:czar
- Email sent?: Yes
- Queues you would like access to: info-en, Permissions (commons, en), photosubmissions
I've been a relatively heavy OTRS user and am partly responsible for the size of the permissions-commons monthlong backlog. I'd like to do my part to reduce the backlog and improve our response times. You can see my experience working with those unfamiliar with Wikimedia projects from my archived emails, but my contributions should also show a firm grasp on licensing and site policy. I have a mild wiki temperament and while I don't have specific links, I'm usually the one to diffuse tense situations and never one to escalate. I look forward to working with you.13:56, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, Czar. When you say you are a "relatively heavy OTRS user", what do you mean? Is it that you send a lot of emails in to us? Rjd0060 (talk) 12:37, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- @Rjd0060: Right—heavy as in high volume of image submissions (in Commons pages to update, if not emails) 22:51, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- Babel / Languages you can reply in: bn, en-3
- Your most active user talk page(s): w:bn:User talk:NahidSultan
- Email sent?: Yes
- Queues you would like access to: info-en, permissions-commons, permissions-en, wm-bd
I'd like to help out on OTRS because I want to reduce the backlog, OTRS pending files at commons and I feel that I can help. I am familiar with the licensing requirements & have licenses reviewer right at commons. Also happy to help with bn language related permission if there's any. Additionally, I'm an active sysop in bn.WP. Thanking you in advance. -- NahidSultan (talk) 20:36, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
- Support. Trusted in Bengali Wikipedia. --Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive • talk • 07:21, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- Babel / Languages you can reply in: Ar-N , En-3
- Your most active user talk page(s): w:ar:User talk:Ibrahim.ID
- Email sent?: yes
- Queues you would like access to: info-ar, permissions-ar, permissions-commons-ar
I'd like to help out on OTRS because I have enough free time everyday, I am active user in wikipedia and commons since 2009 and I am a sysop in arabic wikipedia, I found there is only two volunteers in arabic language, so I want to help and reduce the backlog, I have a good Knowledge in copyright and licenses specially in creative commons , and I have a good knowledge in Wikipedia Policies and also a good technical skills and I can help a lot of requests, Thanks -- Ibrahim.ID (talk) 02:47, 16 April 2014 (UTC)