Volunteer Response Team/Volunteering
OTRS has been renamed. Please help with the updated translations, and do not move the pages yourself. For more information, see the Phabricator task.
Volunteer Response Team
For prospective volunteers
The Volunteer Response Team (VRT) always welcomes new volunteers to help with answering tickets. Nonetheless, to ensure the quality of service and given the confidential nature of the work, there is a selective application procedure.
The VRTS administrators are a group of highly-trusted and experienced volunteers who assess your application to join the VRT. When assessing an application, they familiarize themselves with your work on the Wikimedia projects to ensure that you are suitable as an addition to the VRT. It therefore takes some time before you receive a response regarding your application.
- How do I volunteer?
If you are interested in volunteering, please read VRT/Recruiting for information about what the job entails. Feel free to join #wikimedia-vrtconnect to ask any questions that you might have with regard to the Wikimedia Volunteer Response Team. Before applying, please ensure that you are:
- Willing to work on difficult, sensitive, and at times hostile messages
- Courteous, skilled at resolving disputes, friendly – even in the face of hostility – sensitive to the needs of outsiders, and have exemplary discretion
- Willing to sign the VRTS users confidentiality agreement, considering the access to nonpublic personal data policy
- 16 years of age or older
Please review the list of queues prior to submitting your application, and apply for all of those queues where you think you'd be able to help.
- The VRT is especially interested in users who are entrusted with any special tools on local projects (sysop, bureaucrat, checkuser, etc.), though this is not an absolute requirement.
- Please also add links to help desk posts, talk pages, or other discussions you think are relevant.
- Language skills — other than English — are also highly appreciated. Additional help in language queues is greatly needed and we'd like to know if you are able to help in any other language.
- If you already have access to VRTS, and you'd like to get access to additional queues, you typically don't need to apply here. Ask on Administrator requests on vrt-wiki instead.
- Permissions queues: users that already have strong knowledge of and experience with copyright issues, like administrators or license reviewers on Wikimedia Commons, are highly appreciated and invited to volunteer. Users without such skills should apply for info queues instead.
- German-speaking volunteers
If you'd like to volunteer for the info-de queue, please apply locally by following the instructions at de:Wikipedia:Support-Team#Mitarbeit im Support-Team.
- Dutch-speaking volunteers
If you'd like to volunteer for the info-nl queue, please apply below and send an email to contact-nllistswikimediaorg for the team to assess your application.
|Please add your application and also send an e-mail to volunteers-vrtwikimediaorg linking to your application on this page and giving your age. Please do so each time you apply.|
- User links: Niklitov (talk • contribs • CentralAuth • global • count • blocks)
- Babel/Languages you can reply in: RU-N, EN, ZH, PL, DE
- Your most active user talk page(s): Niklitov (Wikimedia Commons), Niklitov (Russian Wikipedia)
- Queues you would like access to: permissions-commons, permissions-ru, info-ru, permissions-en, permissions-pl
- Email sent? Done
Hello, Dear Colleagues! I am a participant of the Wikimania conference, member and sysop of WMRU, a patroller on Russian Wikipedia, a patroller and license reviewer on Wikimedia Commons. I'd like to help out on the Volunteer Response Team because from 2015 to December 2022, I was an active OTRS/VRT member of the team. I closed over 100 tickets, uploaded a lot of art and valuable photos. I select illustrations for articles I write and contact authors for permission. As a rule, these are not my friends and there is no conflict of interest here. I have received a new batch of paintings, drawings and photographs that I would like to upload and issue a release. I know the subtleties of copyright. I have signed confidentiality agreements. In Wikimedia RU we have published two books (File:Open Heritage Book.pdf, File:Wikipedia Book.pdf) about the GLAM project and about copyright, about the freedom of the panorama in Russia. At the moment, 2 or 3 volunteers is not very active in the Russian Wikipedia, who helps with the permission-ru. I ask to restore my rights. Thank you very much for your attention. Best regards, Niklitov (talk) 00:17, 11 March 2023 (UTC)