The OTRS team always welcomes new volunteers to help with answering tickets. Nonetheless, to ensure the quality of service and given the confidential nature of the work, there is a selective application procedure.
The OTRS administrators are a group of highly-trusted and experienced volunteers who assess your application to join the OTRS team. When assessing an application, they familiarize themselves with your work on the Wikimedia projects to ensure that you are suitable as an addition to the OTRS team. It therefore takes some time before you receive a response regarding your application.
If you are interested in volunteering, please read OTRS/Recruiting for information about what the job entails. Feel free to join #wikimedia-otrs to ask any questions that you might have with regard to Wikimedia OTRS. Before applying, please ensure that you are:
Please review the list of queues prior to submitting your application, and apply for all of those queues where you think you'd be able to help.
If you'd like to volunteer for the info-de queue, please apply locally by following the instructions at de:Wikipedia:Support-Team#Mitarbeit im Support-Team.
|Please wikimedia.org linking to your application on this page and giving your age. Please do so each time you apply.and also send an e-mail to volunteers-otrs|
- Babel / Languages you can reply in: Armenian-native, Russian-3, English-2
- Your most active user talk page(s): Most active talk page in hywiki and its archive.
- Email sent?: Yes.
- Queues you would like access to: permissions, sister projects
As a longtime editor in hywiki, sysop in hysource and volunteer at Wikimedia Armenia, I often meet editors, people who need information and help concerning OTRS. It would be great, if they get the requested information in their native language, in Armenian. I'd like to help those who write to info-hy channel. I also participate in WM AM's GLAM & Digitization project, when we help digitize the works of authors, who want to publish their works under free licenses, and then upload it on commons, create pages and indexes on source. -- David Saroyan (talk) 19:59, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi David Saroyan. First, there is no info-hy so I've removed that from your list. Second, which of the sister projects of Wikipedia are you a regular editor of so that we know how best to evaluate your application. Thank you. Rjd0060 (talk) 23:13, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
- Babel/Languages you can reply in: English
- Your most active user talk page(s): w:en:User talk:Someguy1221
- Email sent: Yes
- Queues you would like access to: info-en(f)
I was an OTRS volunteer for several years and I believe I responded to several thousand tickets. I became inactive last year as my fifth year of Grad school caused my free time to evaporate, but I would like to volunteer once again. I can't be as active as I was in the past, perhaps I would be limited to only answering a few tickets a day, but I would love to come back. --Someguy1221 (talk) 03:25, 23 May 2015 (UTC)