Komisiono de ombudo
In addition to official investigation, they will mediate between the complainant and the respondent (usually a CheckUser, oversighter, Burokratoj, Administrator, or arbitration committee member). When legally necessary, the ombudsman will assist the General Counsel, the Executive Director or the board in handling the case.
An ombudsman's investigation should be conducted in a manner determined by the ombudsman to ensure fairness and impartiality. As a general guideline, it is best that ombudsmen avoid conflicts of interest as much as possible, particularly by avoiding routine use of CheckUser or oversight access and not processing complaints on the projects on which they are very active editors. However, matters that come before the commission are not clearcut, and the language and culture of various projects may pose barriers to outsiders. As such, how the commission investigates complaints is left to the discretion of its appointed members.
Ombudsman requests may be made to the following email address (preferably in a language spoken by one of the members):
Members of the ombudsman commission are selected by Wikimedia Foundation officials from the Wikimedia community. A call for volunteers is issued each year in early December on the Wikimedia-L mailing list and on the talk page of this policy, as well as other project forums as appropriate. They are appointed (assuming they agree) for a period of approximately one year. An ombudsman's real identity must be disclosed to the Foundation legal counsel. A non-voting alternate member may be appointed to serve for one year, with an expectation for a seat as a full member the following year.
Ombudsmen have the following rights globally:
- Search deleted pages (browsearchive)
- Check users' IP addresses and other information (checkuser)
- View the checkuser log (checkuser-log)
- View deleted history entries, without their associated text (deletedhistory)
- View deleted text and changes between deleted revisions (deletedtext)
- View private logs (suppressionlog)
- View revisions hidden from any user (viewsuppressed)
See also automatically generated list (terms expire februaro 2020):
- DeltaQuad de enwiki
- Dyolf77 de commonswiki
- Elmacenderesi de trwiki
- Emufarmers de enwiki
- EVinente de ptwiki
- Galahad de eswikivoyage
- Jamie Tubers de enwiki
- Krd de dewiki, commonswiki
- Teles de ptwiki
- Wikilover90 de puwiki
februaro 2018 — februaro 2019:
februaro 2017 — aprilo 2018:
- Lankiveil de enwiki
- Richwales de enwiki (februaro 2017 — februaro 2018)
- Vogone de wikidata, dewiki, metawiki (februaro 2017 — februaro 2018)
februaro 2016 — februaro 2019:
- Alan de commonswiki (februaro 2016 — februaro 2018)
- NahidSultan de bnwiki, commonswiki (februaro 2016 — februaro 2017)
- Pajz de dewiki (februaro 2016 — februaro 2019)
- Taketa de nlwiki (februaro 2016 — februaro 2017)
februaro 2015 — februaro 2018:
- Alhen de eswiki (februaro 2015 — februaro 2017)
- Barras de simplewiki, metawiki (februaro 2015 — novembro 2016)
- PhilKnight de enwiki (februaro 2015 — februaro 2017)
- Rubin16 de ruwiki
februaro 2014 — februaro 2018:
- Avraham de enwiki (februaro 2014 — februaro 2016)
- Gnom de dewiki de itwiki (februaro 2014 — februaro 2017)
- M7 de itwiki (februaro 2014 — junio 2014)
- Polimerek de plwiki
- Stryn de fiwiki, wikidatawiki (februaro 2014 — julio 2014)
februaro 2013 — februaro 2017:
- Deskana de enwiki (februaro 2013 — septembro 2013)
- Erzbischof de dewiki (februaro 2013 — februaro 2014)
- Huji de fawiki
- Levg de ruwiki (februaro 2013 — februaro 2015)
februaro 2011 — februaro 2016:
- Dweller de enwiki (aprilo 2011 — februaro 2013)
- FloNight de enwiki (aprilo 2011 — februaro 2014)
- Herbythyme de commonswiki (februaro 2011 — aprilo 2011)
- Mwpnl de nlwiki (februaro 2011 — februaro 2013)
- Pundit de plwiki (aprilo 2011 — februaro 2012)
- Sir48 de dawiki (februaro 2011 — februaro 2015)
- Thogo de dewiki
februaro 2010 — februaro 2011:
januaro 2009 — februaro 2010:
decembro 2007 — januaro 2009:
julio 2006 — decembro 2007:
Please follow these guidelines when submitting an inquiry to the commission:
- Be concise. Lengthy emails with unnecessary information make it harder for the commission to process the case in a timely manner.
- Be objective. Avoid making inquiries based on speculations or subjective judgements.
- Provide evidence. Please provide us with diff links and/or permanent links when possible.
- Be specific. Specify what part of which policy has been violated.
- Please inform us if your wiki has an Arbitration Committee (or a similar committee) and if you have reached them (or used other dispute resolution procedure customary to your community) before reaching the Ombudsman Commission. Provide a link to the relevant case page if appropriate.
Cases brought to our attention will be processed the following way:
- Confirmation of the request: we will send a notice of confirmation to the requester, and if necessary ask for further information.
- Scope: if the request is within the scope of the ombudsman commission, we will do the investigation, if not we will decline the request and try to direct the complainor to a better place to get help for his/her individual problem.
- Investigation: We do whatever is necessary to find out whether or not there was a breach of the policies or a non-compliance or conflict of local policies with the global ones.
Raportoj de la komisiono
- in 2013: February–June, July–December.
- in 2014: January–June, July–December.
- in 2015: January–June, July–December.
- in 2016: January–June, July–December.
- in 2017: January–June, July–December.
- in 2018: January–June, July–December.
- Board resolutions: Ombudsperson Checkuser (July 2006) — Wikimedia Committees (minutes of presentation on Ombudsman Commission; January 2009) — Amending the Scope of the Ombudsman Commission (November 2015)
- Requests for comment: Scope of Ombudsman Commission (May—December 2013)
- Announcement Ombudsman commission wider scope (January 2016)
- New commission announcements: 2007 — 2009 — 2011 — 2012 — 2013 — 2014 — 2015 — 2016 — 2017 — 2018
- Information on the ombudsman global user group:
- Special global permissions