See this board resolution for an updated list of Committees.
- This page has been moved from Organization chart, merged with suggested position descriptions from Official position (ca. May 2005).
The current trustees are:
- Michael Snow, Chair (term to be held until chapters make their own appointment)
- Jimmy Wales, Chairman Emeritus (term until December 2008)
- Jan-Bart de Vreede, Vice-chair (term until December 2008)
- Domas Mituzas, Executive Secretary (to be held until chapters make their own appointment)
- Stu West, Treasurer (term until December 2008)
- Kat Walsh (term until July 2009)
- Frieda Brioschi (term until July 2009)
- Ting Chen (term until July 2009)
Over time, the Wikimedia Foundation has created a variety of different committees. Some have been more successful than others. Some at the executive level, others more at the strategic one, most committees involve either at least a trustee or staff member. A description of these committees may be found at Wikimedia committees.
In the past, several official positions were created, mostly when the Wikimedia Foundation had no staff. Over time, most of these positions have become deprecated, either after the creation of a committee, or after hiring a staff member to fill that particular role.
Amongst the few official positions still recognized for volunteers include the following.
- Chief Research Coordinator – Greg Maxwell
- Responsibilities – This role is to study Wikimedia's content, technology and community, to identify and prioritize the needs of the individual Wikimedia projects, to make recommendations for targeted development, to guide and motivate outside developers, to assist in the study of new project proposals, and to collaborate with researchers who are not part of the Wikimedia community. See Wikimedia Research Network.
- Election Officials – involved during WMF board elections. Number and responsibilities vary with each election.
- Ombudsman commission