PhilWiki Community/Color Splash Run for Free Knowledge: Koloran ta an Kinaban
- THIS IS EVENT IS CANCELLED
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
Public elementary and secondary schools in the municipality of Canaman, Camarines Sur in the Bicol region (Philippines) do not have internet access for research. Pupils and students have to use the Canaman Municipal Library located at the heart of the municipality and is only accessible to nearby public schools. Those who have the means either use their personal computer at home or they rent in computer shops.
What is your solution?
This project aims to distribute copies of Kiwix - Wikipedia Offline DVD and install them to public elementary and secondary schools in the municipality. Also, it aims to promote the Wikipedia Offline and Bikol Sentral Wikipedia project among the participants.
Color Splash Run for Free Knowledge: Koloran ta an Kinaban ([Let us] color the world) aims to encourage support from the community to provide copies of DVD with Kiwix - Wikipedia Offline content to twenty-one (21) public elementary schools and three (3) public secondary schools in the municipality of Canaman, Camarines Sur as the main recipients.
The event also promotes awareness of the Wikipedia Offline, and Bikol Sentral Wikipedia among the hundreds of expected participants to revitalize the project. Top finishers will receive a copy of DVD with Kiwix - Wikipedia Offline content and a brochure on how to contribute in Bikol Sentral Wikipedia.
Community running is one of the most effective ways to encourage people and institutions to support a cause.
Here is a schedule of activities for this project:
- October 1 - November 8, 2015
- Coordination with the Local Government Unit of Canaman and Office of the Public Schools District Supervisor and secondary school principals.
- October 1 - October 31, 2015
- Reproduction of DVDs with Wikipedia offline content.
- November 21, 2015
- Event and distribution of the copies of DVD Wikipedia offline content among school representatives and top finishers
- December 21, 2015
- Submission of project report
Item Qty Cost per Unit Total cost Remarks DVDs 100 PHP10
c/o PhilWiki Community DVD burning 100 PHP50
c/o PhilWiki Community Courier 1 - PHP300
c/o PhilWiki Community Tarpaulin 1 - PHP1,000
c/o LGU Canaman Cash Prizes 8 PHP500
c/o LGU Canaman Snacks PHP1,000
c/o LGU Canaman Certificates - - PHP500
c/o PhilWiki Community Miscellaneous - - - c/o PhilWiki Community and LGU Canaman TOTAL PHP12,800
*Based on USD1.00 = PHP45 exchange rate
- Total cost of project
- PHP12,800 (USD284.44)
Measures of success
- We will consider this project a success if the following quantitative measures are met:
- the percentage of DVDs distributed and installed in recipient schools within the next month or before December 20, 2015 is at 50%.
- the average number of students, teachers and staff who browsed, consulted or used the DVD for research or leisure for at least 5 minutes, within the first week of installation is 30 (per successfully installed DVD). ICT coordinators must send the evaluation form to the Project Team on or before December 20, 2015.
- Event page in Facebook - Color Run for Free Knowledge: Koloran ta an Kinaban
- General Facebook Page - Run for Free Knowledge Community in Facebook